Why become a member? ×

Guitar Guitar in Brum

Mr Fudge

Checked out Guitar Guitar yesterday in Brum and was delighted to see such a great range of high end basses. I didn't bother to play anything with more than 4 strings or active but I was very impressed with a Lakland skyline Jazz. My gas for a P bass has disappeared now as I have tried 3 or 4 in the last week and not been impressed ( and I so desperately wanted to be ) infact the pick of the P's I tried was again the Lakland.

Anyway I now have enormous GAS for a Ricky 4003. :lol: :) :)

I had never played one before but fell in love instantly. I don't think I will be able to avoid buying one of these in the near future. I tried all this lovely gear through an Aguillar set up. Very, very nice. On top of it all the young bloke who served me was very helpful.

I will be going back and probably buying ... :)

[quote name='paul h' post='1006668' date='Oct 30 2010, 08:32 PM']What was the Lakland P Fugde? Was it a Duck Dunn or Bob Glaub. I quite fancy a Glaub myself.[/quote]

I know about the Dunn and Glaub, I think this was just a standard sunburst model though. tried some mex P's at PMT and they were pretty awful as was the service unfortunately.

GuitarGuitar had some very nice stock when I was there a few weeks back, and they seemed pretty helpful.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='1006699' date='Oct 30 2010, 07:59 PM']tried some mex P's at PMT and they were pretty awful as was the service unfortunately.[/quote]

Really? That's a shame. I've not been to PMT for a while but they used to be very helpful (certainly compared to the old Sound Control).