Why become a member? ×

Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy - Mr. Big

El Bajo

Anybody know how to do the tapping run just before the guitar solo. I'm not really very good at tapping and at the moment I'm flailing around on the fret board and not getting very far. My wife said I sounded like a giant wasp.

Band want to do the song and I'm not passing up an opportunity to look good :)

OK, assuming you have at least 21 frets: Tap the high E 21st fret of G string, then pull off D, C, B. Then repeat the pattern on the D sting - tap the high B, pull off A,G,F#. Then shift down and repeat the first pattern (all 8 notes) an octave lower, starting with a tapped E at 14th fret of D string. End with a tapped E at 12th fret.
Hope that helps, now charge up the drill!

Edit: I missed out the 2nd part! It's posted below.

Edited by arthurhenry

We did this song a few times when it first came out in the early nineties.

I never got round to working it out properly so I just used to tap totally random notes to try make the rest of the band laugh, the kind of audience we had usually found it funny too. I've got a video of it somewhere, must dig it out!

[quote name='arthurhenry' post='1002226' date='Oct 27 2010, 11:33 AM']OK, assuming you have at least 21 frets: Tap the high E 21st fret of G string, then pull off D, C, B. Then repeat the pattern on the D sting - tap the high B, pull off A,G,F#. Then shift down and repeat the first pattern (all 8 notes) an octave lower, starting with a tapped E at 14th fret of D string. End with a tapped E at 12th fret.
Hope that helps, now charge up the drill![/quote]

Cheers! I'll try it later this evening.