Why become a member? ×

Basschat housing estate

Born 2B Mild

I don't mind where I live - 'cos I can get to work on the Sadowsky Metro :)

For weekends, a trip to the US West Coast (Sandberg, California), you know the place, just follow Fender Highway One. Watch out for the potholes - road's a little worn in places.

Ian

Edited by Bottle

I might aspire to a nice little semi in Dennis Duna Way, but gyppo scumbag that I am, you'll probably find me slumming it in one of the clapped-out camper vans parked up on that strip of common grassland to the east of the estate, you know - Rob Green.

Jon.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='1000970' date='Oct 26 2010, 11:55 AM']Having just typed out twenty address labels to send the Zon free prize draw goodies to, I noticed one address was to a Wem Road.

I used to lived near an aerodrome which is now a housing estate and the authorities named the new roads with names like Spitfire Way and Hurricane Drive. It got me thinking ...if Basschat folk could live on a (virtual) estate with bass related names for the roads, where would you like to live?

PS I'm busy really! :)[/quote]

How about [i]Trevor[/i] Burton on Trent.

Slightly off topic, theres a housing estate in Birmingham that used to be an aerodrome, where thr roads are named after aircraft etc.

Apparently theres a Douglas Bader Walk there...

[quote name='Slipperydick' post='1001339' date='Oct 26 2010, 04:50 PM']How about [i]Trevor[/i] Burton on Trent.

Slightly off topic, theres a housing estate in Birmingham that used to be an aerodrome, where thr roads are named after aircraft etc.

Apparently theres a Douglas Bader Walk there...[/quote]
I heard something similar - the Douglas Bader public house - named after the legless wartime hero (good man!!!)

Ian

[quote name='Doddy' post='1000974' date='Oct 26 2010, 12:00 PM']Ronnie Lane[/quote]
Can't top that! :)

I actually live here and took this pic at the end of a couple of shows away (it's the racehorse the road is named after and not a prompt to enter a debate on the hunting ban!)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1001289' date='Oct 26 2010, 04:22 PM']Somewhere near the town centre so I could go to the Ernie Ball'room dancing classes and at weekends I could take a drive out to the Stingray harbour in my Mercedes Genz-Benz too :)[/quote]

That's just a Status symbol.

[quote name='charic' post='1001079' date='Oct 26 2010, 12:19 PM']Mustang Close[/quote]
Mustang Ave. :)

[url="http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Mustang+Avenue,+Fareham+PO15+7,+UK&sll=50.879975,-1.26081&sspn=0.003256,0.009645&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Mustang+Ave,+Whiteley,+Fareham+PO15,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=16"]http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=16[/url]

My parents used to live near here.

There's a Fender Way in Birkenhead.

[url="http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Fender+Way,+Birkenhead,+UK&sll=50.891989,-1.259158&sspn=0.00651,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Fender+Way,+Birkenhead,+Wirral,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=14"]http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=14[/url]

Nothing coming up on Google Maps for Spector, Celinder, Alembic, Musicman or Pedulla though :lol: