Why become a member? ×

Stage Moves for metal

cris the man

[quote name='cris the man' post='113353' date='Jan 4 2008, 08:27 AM']what are the ultimate stage moves?[/quote]

Not tripping over your lead and going face down on the drum kit is an excellent move.

As is not smashing the vocalist in the teeth with your machine heads whilst you do a manic dance.

:)

Hamster

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='113519' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:36 PM']Dude, just watch a load of dvd's.
Maiden, Metallica, and any other band really. it doesn't matter if you like their music or not, just watch and learn. It's a starting point after all.
the best thing is to just let the music take you and be yourself in reaction to it![/quote]

got the ac/dc dvd for xmas - every tune is -
singer and angus going for it.....
malcolm and bass player..... legs akimbo&heads down(oooh....er!) in front of their reespective amps...only coming forward for backing voxs...and then staright back to thier positions...classic!!

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='113815' date='Jan 4 2008, 10:43 PM']fer heck's sake... just watch Phil Lynott in action...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENy7MQIYJs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENy7MQIYJs[/url]

just watch him when he moves away from the mic and starts throwing shapes with his guitarists and working the crowd...[/quote]

yeah ...but he always wears his bass too high....

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='113815' date='Jan 4 2008, 10:43 PM']fer heck's sake... just watch Phil Lynott in action...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENy7MQIYJs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENy7MQIYJs[/url]

just watch him when he moves away from the mic and starts throwing shapes with his guitarists and working the crowd...[/quote]

I`m sure the guitarist in that clip is Brian Robertson. Chainsmoked his way through that whole gig!! Must`ve been about 40 fags!!

He was Scottish as was another member.... Midge Ure :)

[quote name='Davetbass' post='113781' date='Jan 4 2008, 09:55 PM']You`re forgetting foot on the monitor and "machinegunning" the front row!!

Oldie, but a classic metal move :)

p.s. Also spending 3 hours doing your hair then forgetting to tune your bass as a result of said preening!! (true story)

p.p.s It wasn`t me! :huh:[/quote]

lol yeah!!!!!
must try that!

Get naked. Jump off stuff. DDD summed it up best on anotehr forum:

[quote]Originally Posted by DDanDevious View Post
theres nothing wrong with that man. one way or the other you are still playing the bass right? Whether or not you write the part, or someone else does, its up to you to play it with conviction, to convey its emotion, and rock the hell out of it. Plus when doing only root notes, its way easier to jump off of stuff. I feel that this is important. Chicks dig guys that jump off of stuff. They will see you bounding about the stage, like a gazelle hopped up on pixy stix and laxatives and they will say "wow, the sexy hott bass player gots the mad ups, I bet he's great in the sack" and the rest is, as they say, history.

rock.

DDD[/quote]

depends on the type of metal, I am really into my black metal at the mo for which the moves are either a menacing dour stoic look or hand out holding the invisible heart of your foe, tongue out and manic eyes ala Immortal or similar.

other than the headband like f*ck. though careful when i saw 1349 their bassist got his hair caught in his tunning pegs and ripped a huge chunk out mid set, kept going without flinching thought...now thats true metal.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='d-basser' post='114971' date='Jan 6 2008, 09:03 PM']other than the headband like f*ck. though careful when i saw 1349 their bassist got his hair caught in his tunning pegs and ripped a huge chunk out mid set, kept going without flinching thought...now thats true metal.[/quote]

So you're saying not one headband, but loads of them to keep your hair out of the tuning pegs - Very metal :)

Hamster