Why become a member? ×

Bloody things!

lee4

like any company, its got issues somewhere.
There are huge horror stories with CS within Ernieball Musicman and of Sterling Ball's massive asshattery. However I still like their products and for most part they are excellent basses.

In my mind no company should be happy with an unhappy end user. At a recent work meeting we were told that if one group of 4 people had a bad experience it could loose the company a possible 10.2 million pound in future sales, through word of mouth etc.

[quote name='lee4' post='1039241' date='Nov 27 2010, 08:15 PM']Once bitten etc.I'm coming to the firm opinion that the only good this to come out of Italy is espresso.[/quote]

If you can get anywhere near Maidstone I could put you in touch with a great amp tech, IMV, who has always sorted out our little issues for reasonable money.

Might be worth a chat with him to see where this could go.

FWIW, I have always been impressed with the MB stuff I have used but I have never seen inside it and the way this stuff is put together and the parts they use counts for a lot in the end when things go wong, IMV

• 4 weeks later...

Well,the cab has a new panel on the back,which has solved 95% of the rattles.The other 5% is caused by the hole for the tweeter being cut too large by the manufacturer.
As the tweeter is now disconected,this will be removed and blanked off at a later date.
The amp is behaving ok.I am going to avoid placing it on top of the amp as it could be that the vibrations from the cab caused the ribbon leads inside the amp to come loose.
The moral of this tale?Buy a Hartke rig!

[quote name='lee4' post='1068246' date='Dec 23 2010, 09:10 PM']....The amp is behaving ok.I am going to avoid placing it on top of the amp as it could be that the vibrations from the cab caused the ribbon leads inside the amp to come loose....[/quote]
This is the link to an amp tech that I've heard is pretty good and he's in Godalming.

www.stevesamps.co.uk

[email protected]

• 3 years later...

Steve is now in Bath - just sayin'.........

I have a very good tech guy (ex BBC amongst other stuff) who has now had an amp (I'm not saying the make) of mine for nearly EIGHT months, trying vainly to sort a 50hertz mains buzz - I get updates about once a week - fortunately, I've got other kit....'Designed by an idiot & built by a gorilla' is the phrase that comes to mind - I've no doubt we'll get it sorted, although whether or not in my lifetime might be another matter........
:D