Why become a member? ×

Diana Vickers Vs Chili Peppers!!

stingrayPete1977

Well I just spotted this on my home page, [url="http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/behind_the_music/29544/chili-peppers-to-sue-vickers"]http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/behind...-to-sue-vickers[/url] I must admit I didnt notice when watching her on X factor (Sorry I know!) but listening using the link I think their is an element of truth,Have a listen see what you think?

I cant stand her voice but whoever is writing her tunes has got the knack of making a catchy tune to be fair and if they were rerecorded by someone else I would quite like them. How sad am I! :)

I'm so out of the loop of mainstream radio and tv music.
I was in my sisters car the other day and heard what I thought was the beatles with blackbird. Thought it was a trifle strange hearing the beatles on commercial radio. a few seconds later I realise its not them, turns out it was gary barlow and robbie williams.
I'm not a fan of u2 but love that line in the fly, Every artist is a cannibal. Every poet is a thief. probably true

Spotted the RHCP rip off on first listen of Diana Vickers track.
Jason Derulo has been at it for a few songs- In My Head is 'heavily influenced' by GaGa's Just Dance and his latest has most of the verse of Flashdance (What a Feeling) as it's verse. If you haven't heard it yet you'll know it when you hear it!

This was the most blatant rip-off in pop-rock I'd heard for a long time- sing the chorus of Pink's You and Your Hand (0.36 in)

over this chorus (from 0.33)

Edited by chardbass

[quote name='Machines' post='993087' date='Oct 19 2010, 07:36 AM']Diana Vicker's voice makes me feel violent. She sings with a furiously annoying accent to everything.[/quote]

It's a style that get's on my moobs.
Shades of Cranberries vocalist but with the annoying habit of creating extra syllables in words.

[quote name='chardbass' post='993516' date='Oct 19 2010, 01:48 PM']It's a style that get's on my moobs.
Shades of Cranberries vocalist but with the annoying habit of creating extra syllables in words.[/quote]

I saw her on 'This Morning' earlier and couldn't tell a word that she mimed.