Why become a member? ×

ashdown abm 500evo c115 speaker help

dabootsy

hi all I have just bought an ashdown evo11 500watt with 15inch speaker but i also own a mag 200 2x10 my question is would it be possible to use the mag 200 speaker cab (not the amp )as an extension cab without blowing the speakers they are both rated at 4ohms and if so would i user the speakon output to the mag cab
i would appreciate any help

[quote name='dabootsy' post='113021' date='Jan 3 2008, 04:39 PM']hi all I have just bought an ashdown evo11 500watt with 15inch speaker but i also own a mag 200 2x10 my question is would it be possible to use the mag 200 speaker cab (not the amp )as an extension cab without blowing the speakers they are both rated at 4ohms and if so would i user the speakon output to the mag cab
i would appreciate any help[/quote]

Can you pop out a driver and let us know what the rating on the back of the driver is?

I wouldn't have thought they were both 4ohm cabs, i'd expect 8ohm for the ABM combo and the same for the MAG combo as they can both have extra cabs connected. That said - I think the old MAG cabs had a handling of 200w, thus a 500w load between 2 cabs would be ~250w for the MAG, this means at high volumes you definitely risk blowing the MAG. I use a MAG210 with an ABM300 head which at both 8 and 4 ohms (an extra cab) shouldn't be able to damage it.

[quote name='dabootsy' post='113021' date='Jan 3 2008, 04:39 PM']hi all I have just bought an ashdown evo11 500watt with 15inch speaker but i also own a mag 200 2x10 my question is would it be possible to use the mag 200 speaker cab (not the amp )as an extension cab without blowing the speakers they are both rated at 4ohms and if so would i user the speakon output to the mag cab
i would appreciate any help[/quote]
i have thought about running the two amps at once out of my line 6 bass pod live or am i going mad

[quote name='dabootsy' post='113134' date='Jan 3 2008, 07:42 PM']i have thought about running the two amps at once out of my line 6 bass pod live or am i going mad[/quote]
I HAVE NO BIAMPED BOTH AMPS THROUGH MY LINE6 BASS POD LIVE AND IT HAS BECOME A BEAST
BUT THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP