Why become a member? ×

Pair of Euphonic Audio VL-110 Cabs

guyl

Two EA VL-110 cabs for sale.

I bought them new from Overwater around 10 years ago and have used them on a variety of gigs since. They are very versatile - very clear for double bass, but bassy and punchy on electric - even with a low B or octave pedal.

Speaker configuration is 1x10"; 1x5" and 1x 4" tweeter. They are extremely well built and the volume and depth is pretty amazing for a cab of this size (approx H14", W17", D14", Weight 37lbs).

On their own they sound great, but I almost always used them as a pair ('cos they sounded so full and deep). I will sell seperately if you insist, but would rather not split them up.

Condition is good. They have always been stored and transported in (homemade) covers and never worked too hard.

[s]£250[/s] £220 each or [s]£400 [/s] £350 the pair.

[attachment=61355:IMG_0324.jpg][attachment=61356:IMG_0329.jpg][attachment=61358:IMG_0332.jpg][attach
ment=61360:IMG_0333.jpg]

Edited by guyl

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='988368' date='Oct 14 2010, 08:01 PM']Hey Guyl -

Any idea of shipping costs within the UK?[/quote]

No idea. Could be a bit awkward to ship. Would prefer not to. Could probably meet halfway. Er ... in the Irish Sea

I'd just prefer not to ship them (one or both)

Probably plenty of Basschatters have posted speaker cabs in the UK - I just feel nervous!

I suppose if you made an amazing offer and contributed something towards shipping to NI, I would have to consider.

[quote name='benzies123' post='990824' date='Oct 17 2010, 01:50 AM']So are these sold? If not I am interested![/quote]

These are still available.

Had a few enquiries about splitting them. Each cab sounds great on its own, but as a pair they are superb. Just as Bassbod found with his, it seems a pity to seperate them.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='headofire' post='1017809' date='Nov 9 2010, 04:39 PM']Hi, are you interested in any trades or are you saving up for something? I used to have one of these and would love it for my upright. Where abouts are you?[/quote]

I'm seriously in the red after an impulse Clover purchase from Basschat last month. (And an impulse Shuttle before that; and an impulse Barefaced before that; and an impulse G&L before that ........)

So sorry - not really looking for trades.

I'm using the cabs this week on a double bass gig and they sound brilliant. In fact I turned up for rehearsal on Sunday with one of my other cabs and was getting loads of warm thick bass, but not enough clarity and punch for the gig. I literallly swopped the cab for the 2 EA's - leaving the amp, bass and EQ unchanged and the sound was instantly 1000% better. Still deep and warm (and loud) but with lots and lots of clarity. Lots of brightness too without being brittle. I'm close to having second thoughts!

Based in Stockport which is south of Manchester

[quote name='headofire' post='1018500' date='Nov 10 2010, 10:35 AM']~Interesting..was it the bareface cab by any chance? i'm still a bit unsure about them... i tried the 15 but it rattled! brand new in a shop too. Maybe that was early days though. My best upright sound was my mark F1, early 121Z monitor cab with the EA 110 on top. Either that or the EA on top of my SVT with mag pickups into the SVT and Piezo into the F1 EA perched on top. could knock walls down.... need your own van though!! I miss the days of roadies!!![/quote]

Yes it was the Barefaced Compact.

Before we slag it off, I think the Compact is excellent. Sure, if we had roadies we'd maybe all use something bigger/heavier. However, as long as I'm lugging my own gear, (and playing mainly electric bass) the compact is staying!

I've had a good upright sound out of the compact too (which was helped by a very clean amp) but I think there are other cabs in the barefaced range that are better suited to double bass.

Best upright sound ever was these EA Cabs and an EA iAmp600. If I had deeper pockets I'd keep the cabs and buy another EA head (maybe one of the new micro-heads). Then again, if I had deeper pockets I'd have a warehouse full of gear and a team of roadies! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...