Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Appreciation Thread!

BASainty

[quote name='MythSte' post='1208026' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:29 AM']It was you that made me think twice about Yamahas Al! I've got to admit, I've fallen quite in love with my BB424 now! Really meaty, especially compared to my jazz.

That TRB is possibly the nicest I've ever seen![/quote]

I'm sorry we couldn't do a deal mate but I'm sure you'll be happy with what your new BB424. The passive ones sound better IMHO. Enjoy fella.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1208222' date='Apr 22 2011, 12:57 PM']I'm sorry we couldn't do a deal mate but I'm sure you'll be happy with what your new BB424. The passive ones sound better IMHO. Enjoy fella.[/quote]

Not to worry Al! I actually got this one as a bit of a steal and I wouldnt have spotted it if I didnt go hunting for one after yours! £250 for a 5 piece neck and string through body with Yamaha reliability. Really can't complain at all.

I've spent all morning learning songs I couldnt play before on my Jazz as my hands would cramp up, really appreciating the slightly wider neck!

[quote name='FayeAutumn' post='1208187' date='Apr 22 2011, 12:15 PM']I've noticed some folks with a liking of the BB414/5, but I'd be interested to hear what people think of their active sisters, the BB614/5? Mainly out of curiosity really.[/quote]

I have a 614 and to be honest its the only active bass ive had so i couldn't compare it to anything, but for me it works just fine although some say the eq is pants. I generally boost everything slightly and then let the amp shape the sound and i can get some nice tones. However if i could only have one then i would have the passive.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='982440' date='Oct 9 2010, 12:05 PM']

More love the Nathan East signature here.. this time BBNE2[/quote]

That BBNE2 bass looks sweeeeeeeeet :) I have gas for these instruments.

I play a TRB 5 PII & TRB 6 II, how would you compare the sound between these bass guitars ?
Chris

I didn't think my 614 could get any better, until, i set it up following Carl Pedigo's instruction. It is now smoother than ever and the neck is so straight and slick.
Gas is fully on for a Met Orange 415 (Sean's review and pics) and a Burst 424x / 1024x.

Edited by Horizontalste

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='1221549' date='May 5 2011, 08:55 PM']That BBNE2 bass looks sweeeeeeeeet :) I have gas for these instruments.

I play a TRB 5 PII & TRB 6 II, how would you compare the sound between these bass guitars ?
Chris[/quote]

I have only played the TRB5 - on two gigs. Have to say, nice bass but the Nathan East did it for me more than the TRB. That may be down to be being more familiar with it but it just felt nicer and the preamp just felt a little smoother sounding than the TRB. Both great instruments but they are like chalk and cheese - completely different. The BBNE2's single coils are sweet and with the preamp, it has a great range of sounds in it.

The Translucent black finish is [i]very[/i] nice! But it never photographs properly and always looks different in photos i find!

Also, Yamaha need to 1) Bring back the RBX774/775 line! and 2) Expand the range of colours! They've got so many colours! Like the reds and blues of the TRBs.

Also, i played an RBX270J and they are FANTASTIC! I was shocked! Really felt twice its price tag!

I'm actually considering getting one and swapping out the pickups! (Though that would be because i'm a Dimarzio nut :) )

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1224808' date='May 9 2011, 09:41 AM']The Translucent black finish is [i]very[/i] nice! But it never photographs properly and always looks different in photos i find![/quote]

I agree....I tried many times to take photos to see what it looks like the TLB ... but ... I never get .... and this is one of the reasons I like this color ... lol

but my Yammies GAS is the TRB5P II bubinga or BBNE2 white....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=143317&st=0&p=1284303&#entry1284303"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;#entry1284303[/url]

Something I'll hopefully be posting on here in all it's finished glory over the next fortnight or so...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I just had to contribute :)

Introducing my 1979 BB1200, best bass I've owned, solid as a rock

[b]Now, ain't that a nice wood sandwich!![/b] :)

FOREVER GASING FOR A BB2000 IN THIS COLOUR!! :)

(Gasing for the cash to be able to buy it too!)

Edited by Bobby K

[quote name='4StringFortress' timestamp='1286796855' post='984325']
I would post mine up...but sadly mine is a Suzuki and not a Yamaha =(
[/quote]

As in Suzuki who make most of Yamahas engine components?

Anyways...........
Had to sell my beloved BBG5 over the weekend, seriously gonna miss 'ol Stu. Yamaha simply dont know how to make a bad bass.
Here my top 5 Stu moments :)
[attachment=89654:Stu 1.jpg]
[attachment=89655:stu2.jpg]
[attachment=89656:stu3.jpg]
[attachment=89657:stu4.jpg]
[attachment=89658:stu5.jpg]

• 4 weeks later...

Not got a yammy myself, used to have a Yamaha keyboard, but i sold it to my drummer (Yes, my bands drummer does more than hit stuff, he can play notes too, and even some chords). Got massive gas for a TRB 5 or 6 though, thankfully i have the ultimate gas cure, which is no money.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore