Why become a member? ×

Jim Deacon P/J bass

mcnach

Great condition, light use, it still has the plastic sheet protecting the pickguard...

It plays well, sounds good... but my experiment with P-bass can be considered over as this bass has been at home doing nothing wile I play my OLPs, Stingray and Jazz all the time. I never liked the P-bass sound much... and I guess my taste hasn't changed! :)

It's a funny colour, it's very very dark blue... it sometimes looks almost black, but under very bright light (like a flash) it looks blue/violet. I liked that, with the black pickguard and very dark rosewood fingerboard I think it looks great.
On the picture of the body, I played with the colour/brightness to bring the hue of the blue up, but "in person" it looks darker than that.

Strings have been on for a few months, but due to little or no use they still have a lot of life on them, being pretty bright.

I'm asking for £65 plus delivery (about £15 with ParcelForce, I believe... I'd have to check). Or you can collect from Edinburgh.

I've read that these are made in the same factory as SX, and I can see the similarity, but personally I do not know if this is true.

Edited by mcnach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

[quote name='mcnach' post='996474' date='Oct 21 2010, 10:34 PM']badabump![/quote]

Jim Deacon basses are solid as f**k. I played a Deacon Jazz for a few years & it was indestructible! I would buy this if I had the dosh, but I'm selling my own stuff here. Good luck. :-)

[quote name='mcnach' post='981074' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:25 PM']Great condition, light use, it still has the plastic sheet protecting the pickguard...

It plays well, sounds good... but my experiment with P-bass can be considered over as this bass has been at home doing nothing wile I play my OLPs, Stingray and Jazz all the time. I never liked the P-bass sound much... and I guess my taste hasn't changed! :)

It's a funny colour, it's very very dark blue... it sometimes looks almost black, but under very bright light (like a flash) it looks blue/violet. I liked that, with the black pickguard and very dark rosewood fingerboard I think it looks great.
On the picture of the body, I played with the colour/brightness to bring the hue of the blue up, but "in person" it looks darker than that.

Strings have been on for a few months, but due to little or no use they still have a lot of life on them, being pretty bright.

I'm asking for £65 plus delivery (about £15 with ParcelForce, I believe... I'd have to check). Or you can collect from Edinburgh.

I've read that these are made in the same factory as SX, and I can see the similarity, but personally I do not know if this is true.

[/quote]

Is this still for sale?

[quote name='YehItsRyan' post='1343799' date='Aug 17 2011, 10:55 PM']I've got this bass now :)[/quote]

Is it any good?

I liked the colour, but always thought they might be a bit rubbish.

But looking at some others peoples comments I might have been a bit wrong.

Basically I'm just looking for a cheap bass to learn on, but not rubbish, good enough to take me to intermediate.

Do you reckon a Jim Deacon would do the job?

Edited by Pixel