Why become a member? ×

Anybody NOT going to Level42 tonight...?

EBS_freak

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='980842' date='Oct 7 2010, 07:09 PM']No,i will be entertained by another old slapper,fnar,fnar.[/quote]

I'm afraid I will be too busy to go and too busy to entertain Mr Hillbilly D/L as it's my night for using the nose hair removers.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='980420' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:07 PM']Just in case anybody who isn't going really wanted to, here's a quick summary of what the gig will be like:

Clackety clackety, clickety clackety, clackety clack, clickerty clack.
<lame singing>
Clickety clackety clack, clackety click
<lame singing>
Clickety clickety clack, clackety clack, clackety clack, clickety clack
<more lame singing>
Lights go up[/quote]

Let's not forget in the middle of the set the even lamer singing of Mike Lindup on keys doing his feature solo song! :)

I was waiting for you to comment on that Russ!!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='980445' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:32 PM']Oh jeez, didn't mean to open this can of worms... I was just merely commenting on the individual threads for every single performance of this tours.

Level 42 don't particulalry move me that much but I do appreciate it for what it is. Bring back Boon!

Oh, and despite what was said in the other thread, MK has never sounded better than he did with his Spitfires :) - despite going through Crashdown![/quote]

My older brothers really got into L42 when they were a real breakthrough act very early 80's and I imagine very hip :) . As a young teen I remember the endless 12" releases my brothers played but did enjoy some of their stuff. (Interestingly my brothers were fanatical Rush fans, which I am delighted to say is fact that has remained with us all to this day)

Anywho ... I had no interest in bass but was aware of the slap phenomenon of Mr King. I saw them at the Birmingham Odeon as a 14 year old and thought they were great and then mid 80's at the NEC and was totally unmoved. Then I forgot about them.

But ... a few years ago I took a punt on Retrogide, thought it was great and then saw them at the symphony hall on the tour and they were fantastic.

Mrs Fudge and I are going again this Sunday.

so in a word .... yes.

Edited by Mr Fudge

I've not got any strong feelings about them either way but it's just been confirmed that we've got them as our 'L' band in the challenge next week.

I've been told not to ask Mark King any "geeky bass questions"! (by my co-conspirator, not their management)

I couldn't name any Level 42's songs & didn't know they were playing or even still together. I have no views on them, just say what I say because it is the truth. I do know Mark King is the bass player though & I believe he sings the songs. I must be on the wrong forum!

[quote name='oldslapper' post='980885' date='Oct 7 2010, 07:51 PM']I'm afraid I will be too busy to go and too busy to entertain Mr Hillbilly D/L as it's my night for using the nose hair removers.[/quote]
EEEWWWWWW.different old slapper.Mrs H/D,wearing her latest Ann Summers purchase.BTW she's not an old slapper,she's 20 years younger than me. :)

I'm not going but I will be at the following gigs -

18/10/2010 Cambridge Corn Exchange UK

19/10/2010 Eastbourne Congress Theatre UK

20/10/2010 Margate Winter Gardens UK

22/10/2010 London indigO2 UK

23/10/2010 London indigO2 UK

24/10/2010 Southend-on-sea Cliffs Pavilion UK

25/10/2010 Ipswich Regent Theatre UK

I'll mention these in separate threads though...............;o)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no : this is back up !

Saw them yesterday in Brussels (my 15th-20th time) and it was amazing..One of their best shows imo.
Lots of fun, a great sound and that new drummer is just fenomenal. They sounded like a new fresh band.
I made this quick youtube thing... image is a bit hazy but the sound is ok

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6IqymmQo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6IqymmQo[/url]