Why become a member? ×

First Build - BFM J12 - Check It Out!

discreet

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1340808428' post='1709911']
thats a real sweet cab, hows it going now? faultless?[/quote]

Soundwise yes, faultless, but the finish is starting to look a bit tired and is patched up with gaffa tape in one or two places... the vinyl I bought was a bit thin and not all that great, so I'm going to remove it and finish it with rubberised truck bed paint instead. I'll post some pics when it's done.

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1340815610' post='1710044']
Very Nice Mr Discreet. You almost make me feel like trying it myself! Is that Marshall pattern Tolex you used?[/quote]

No, just some cheap stuff from Blue Aran. Not best quality to be honest, though it photographed well. ;)

[quote name='S9_S12_Bass' timestamp='1340912135' post='1711521']
Looks good mate! The tools at knob level comment made me laugh :D[/quote]

It's all true! :D I don't like using circular saws at all, scares the crap out of me! I'd get a table saw if I was going to go into production.

I gigged the cab with my LM250 in a Stax/soul function band and it was perfect for that purpose. It really projects big time and everyone in the band (9-piece) could hear it wherever they were on stage. But now I'm in a rock outfit and am in the process of amassing a mahoosive rig. I won't let the J12 go though - it's a great cab, and has sentimental value. :D

Edited by discreet

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...