Why become a member? ×

samuel

Bassnut62

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MB1. :)
Seems a Postie visited my door at the same time as bplayer? what are the chances of that? are there more than one of these posters? :)
Bought a skeleton pedalboard off Graham, an absolute pleasure!..."No Trouble Here!" Buy and Sell with confidence!
Many Thanks
Martin.

Edited by MB1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not positive this time, I'm afraid. I bought a Pignose amp from Graham on the 5th August. On the 11th, he messaged me with "Hello fella, sorry for the lateness the Amp should be there in a day ir two ". I then messaged him two more times over the next few days, as there was still no sign of the amp. He spun me a story that he was away from home camping and didn't have the tracking details with him, yet when the amp arrived, the label clearly showed he hadn't actually dispatched it until the 16th. So why did he imply that he had already posted it on the 11th?
When the amp arrived, the input jack was intermittent and crackly and the power jack appears to either be missing or broken. The description did not mention either of these things. I am going to hang on to the amp and fix these, but there is no way I would deal with this guy again.
I hate having to post negatively, but the feedback system is worthless if I don't.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought an EUB from Graham and everything went great - except when I gave him the wrong postcode for the delivery address! Mixed up my work address with my home postcode, doh! Communication was good and the cock-up was sorted quickly. No problems here.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately not a good experience. A Hipshot Bass Extender was paid for early September 2011 and it did not arrive. Samuel was messaged several times but there has been no reply since 4th October!! The last message from Samuel said he'd put a claim in with the post office, that was on Oct 4th.

Not cool.

• 3 weeks later...

traded with Samuel - although he cancelled at the last minute the 1st time, which was annoying but understandable when you not sure about parting with a 'loved one', however, he set up a new trade deal the very next day to which we both agreed and each drove 65 miles (half way) and did a mutually agreeable deal.
He was a nice guy, and I had no problems when we eventually did hook up!

[quote name='paulbkeeves' timestamp='1319631984' post='1416619']
Unfortunately not a good experience. A Hipshot Bass Extender was paid for early September 2011 and it did not arrive. Samuel was messaged several times but there has been no reply since 4th October!! The last message from Samuel said he'd put a claim in with the post office, that was on Oct 4th.

Not cool.
[/quote]

Pleased to say the issue has now been resolved although it took a lot of chasing up and a month of no replies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm afraid I had a much less positive experience with samuel over the purchase of a Linden EQ pedal. Similar to Beer of the Bass and paulbkeeves I regret to say. Delays, lack of communications, promised posting dates missed. The timeline as follows:

[b]21 May[/b] - Enquiry
22 May - Sorting out details and price etc
23 May - Payment made - to this point good 2-way PMs
25 May - PMed to check that payment had been received
26 May - Confirmed receipt of payment, promised that the item would go in the post on Monday 28 May
31 May - Nothing received. PMed for an update/info on the posting
03 June - No response (although samuel had been on the site inbetween times). Sent further PM. Alerted Mods. as concerned about previous 'form'
[b]08 June[/b] - Still nothing (samuel had been on the site at least twice inbetween). When I logged on I noticed he was online so sent a PM asking why I had had no responses and for an update. He responded back to say it had been posted. I asked for details e.g. tracking number. He said he would send it to me when he got home.

Got home tonight to find it on the mat, posted 06 June. I don't actually mind if stuff doesn't happen instantly but I like to be informed that there is a delay and when I can reasonably expect to receive the goods. It takes 10 seconds for a quick PM.

[b]Overall I'd say 5/10 :([/b]

[b]Good points:[/b] Pedal as described, decent price.
[b]Bad points:[/b] Once cash paid comms dried up. Not posted until 10 days after it was promised.

Ultimately it's up to you, fellow BCers, to decide whether to deal with samuel. From my point of view if he has a 1960 stack knobbed Jazz bass in mint condition with sales receipt for sale at £10 I will pass - Actually I probably wouldn't. But I probably will for other pedals and the like.

There is no point in a feedback thread if it only lists glowing reports and I've tried to be objective here. I'll keep the PM trail for future reference.

Edited by ead

I just purchased an EBS Unichorus from Samuel, the pedal is great and the price was a bargain. I dont want to repeat all of what ead said above but I had a similar experience with Samuel. My first enquiry was on 7th June and due the speedy reply money was exchanged within the hour with the view of it being posted that day. I received the pedal this morning 9 days later with a post office stamp dating 14/6/12 even though twice I had a message saying it was sent.

It took a while but I now have what I paid for so Samuel cheers for the great deal, I can see that previously there were no major issues so hopefully this was just a blip

Started discussions on the Multicomp 10/6

Paid 11/6

Picked it up from the delivery office this morning (16/6) they having tried to deliver 15/6

So all in all good for me.

My only suggestion to Samuel, in light of the comments above, would be to try to keep the comms up throughout to include confirming safe receipt of funds/ posting details. Going quiet after agreeing terms and being told the transfer has been made, even if all is OK as here, can tend to make the buyer twitchy. No blame, just a thought