Why become a member? ×

Perfect extension cab for Mark Bass CMD 121H..

theosd

Ok, I know the obvious answer will be the traveler 1x12, but I'm not keen on having another horn in my rig - one is plenty (a bit too much with my SR5 at the moment) but I don't think I'll be able to swap the combo for a similar quality/priced/condition combo or stack which doesn't have a horn.

So yeah, I want some more headroom, and really get the most out of this great little combo so that I can use it for larger venues that my band seems to play exclusively in :) I want something with a full warm bottom and not too much high, that's handled by the inbuilt 12" speaker and horn of the mark bass. Would a 15 and this 12 be a good combination? I would still want punch. I spose my outer price limit would be £300 at the VERY MOST. Does anyone have any experience with using an extenion cab for their Mark Bass equipment?

Thanks
Theo

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='111004' date='Dec 30 2007, 03:32 PM']Have you tried the search facility. I'm sure there are some posts on this.[/quote]

I couldn't find one. I was hoping if anyone has experience of extending their Markbass 1x12" combos and what worked for them...