Why become a member? ×

FS Ibanez BTB555 natural maple finish

Martin E

I bought this bass a couple of months ago from a very nice chap on here. After a lifetime of playing a 4 string this was my first ever dip into 5 string territory. This really is a nice instrument and the active sounds are fantastic but I.'ve decided 5 strings are really not for me (think old dogs and new tricks).

So it's up for grabs again. I would like £280 for this please which think is probably spot on for a bass of this quality and condition.

The bass has a few minor dings which are a bit tricky to photograph on a natural satin wood finish but otherwise is in fine condition, has a brand new set of light guage Elites, a perfect setup/action and comes with the correct Ibanez hardcase.

I would prefer collection at this stage and indeed would prefer if you came and tried out the bass for yourself – I'm in West Sussex.

For more info there are several very favourable reviews of this instrument on the web but the headline spec is as follows:

Maple & walnut neck, rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets
Walnut body with maple top & back
35” scale
Bartolini Mk1 pickups
18v active electronics
3 band EQ with variable mid sweep
Neutric locking jack.

[quote name='Martin E' post='972920' date='Sep 30 2010, 04:58 PM']I bought this bass a couple of months ago from a very nice chap on here. After a lifetime of playing a 4 string this was my first ever dip into 5 string territory. This really is a nice instrument and the active sounds are fantastic but I.'ve decided 5 strings are really not for me (think old dogs and new tricks).

So it's up for grabs again. I would like £280 for this please which think is probably spot on for a bass of this quality and condition.

The bass has a few minor dings which are a bit tricky to photograph on a natural satin wood finish but otherwise is in fine condition, has a brand new set of light guage Elites, a perfect setup/action and comes with the correct Ibanez hardcase.

I would prefer collection at this stage and indeed would prefer if you came and tried out the bass for yourself – I'm in West Sussex.

For more info there are several very favourable reviews of this instrument on the web but the headline spec is as follows:

Maple & walnut neck, rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets
Walnut body with maple top & back
35” scale
Bartolini Mk1 pickups
18v active electronics
3 band EQ with variable mid sweep
Neutric locking jack.[/quote]

Have a bump for a bargain, good luck with the sale!