Why become a member? ×

Stu Hamm's Fretboard Fitness

BassApprentice

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone had heard of/used this set of bass lessons. I'm interested in them as i just spend my life messing around my I'm practicing

more info can be found here [url="http://truefire.com/bass-guitar-lessons/fretboard-fitness/"]http://truefire.com/bass-guitar-lessons/fretboard-fitness/[/url]

Cheers

Michael_S

[quote name='Chris2112' post='969653' date='Sep 27 2010, 04:40 PM']Just watched the intro there, Stuart Hamm just keeps on getting better and better! He has also been recording a new album too, which is very exciting news![/quote]
And he's a lovely bloke too!
(i met him at the bass merchant Hartke clinic thing - top evening out).

[quote name='bluesparky' post='969803' date='Sep 27 2010, 06:11 PM']And he's a lovely bloke too!
(i met him at the bass merchant Hartke clinic thing - top evening out).[/quote]

Absolutely, I've spoken with Stu a few times and he's been more than happy to just chat or answer my bass geek questions (I blame Stu for my love of Kubicki basses, nothing else gets that sound!). Probably the best night of live music I've ever seen (aside from Rush) was seeing Joe Satriani live for the third time. Stuart was playing bass and me and my brother had front row seats right in front of Stu. I was mesmerised all night, he is amazing. He even gave me the pick he used to play "Flying in a blue dream".

Seeing your hero in front of you on stage is just incredible, and I suppose Stuart Hamm is the musician who inspired me to move in the direction I did with bass playing!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='969834' date='Sep 27 2010, 06:29 PM']Absolutely, I've spoken with Stu a few times and he's been more than happy to just chat or answer my bass geek questions (I blame Stu for my love of Kubicki basses, nothing else gets that sound!). Probably the best night of live music I've ever seen (aside from Rush) was seeing Joe Satriani live for the third time. Stuart was playing bass and me and my brother had front row seats right in front of Stu. I was mesmerised all night, he is amazing. He even gave me the pick he used to play "Flying in a blue dream".

Seeing your hero in front of you on stage is just incredible, and I suppose Stuart Hamm is the musician who inspired me to move in the direction I did with bass playing![/quote]

Oh i totally agree. I paid a rather large sum of money a couple of years back for the Steve Vai EVO package(included meet and greet/Q&A plus sitting through the sound check). The tickets also got you front row seats and i was placed right in front of Billy Sheehan, totally amazing. Shook his hand at the end aswell. Think i'll buy the dvd though seems worth it from the intro video

Michael_S