Why become a member? ×

SWR

markytbass

The reason I ask is that I bought a used Workingman pro15 combo just before Christmas. I have yet to crank it up as I am not rehearsing again until after the new year. I have heard that there is a difference between the pre-Fender and the Fender one's. Has anyone used both?, what if anything is different between the two?.

[quote name='markytbass' post='110364' date='Dec 28 2007, 09:54 PM']The reason I ask is that I bought a used Workingman pro15 combo just before Christmas. I have yet to crank it up as I am not rehearsing again until after the new year. I have heard that there is a difference between the pre-Fender and the Fender one's. Has anyone used both?, what if anything is different between the two?.[/quote]

[url="http://p208.ezboard.com/When-will-SWR-stop-making-the-last-gear/fswrmusiciansforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=77.topic"]Some info here[/url]

You could register and put your question there.

That was in 2003. I know that SWR's former vice-president Bryan Beller is using new SWR gear, including when he toured with Steve Vai this year, so I suppose that's a vote of confidence.

The Wikipedia page on SWR is awful - biased, includes whole chunks of what Beller wrote for his own website, and makes some allegations about the former owner. I might have a go at rewriting it.

Pre Fender the Workingman had a few less features, 40w less power and an SWR designed speaker - I think they use stock Eminance now. All in all there's probably not a great deal of difference sound-wise. I've got the first version Workingman 15, so I was on the look out for any sign of a drop in build quality with the Fender made product, but it doesn't seem to have happened (not that I've tried any - just from what I've read).

Fender seem to have just made a few sensible changes on the features front, like side handles on the 15, so I don't think you'd notice any difference on stage to the older stuff.