Why become a member? ×

Ashamed of my home town :)

Beedster

[quote name='spinynorman' post='967868' date='Sep 25 2010, 06:42 PM']That has the rare distinction of making a Guild B302 look attractive.[/quote]

OIII, there are some of us who prefer Guild to the endless FankenFender clones !
Must admit tho, my first thought was that he had taken a band saw to a B302 :)

• 1 month later...

Well, I walked into Hobgoblin Music in Canterbury today and guess what, there it was, just sitting there, looking every bit as poorly made, ugly, mutant and unplayable as it did in the ebay listing. It has a £400 price tag which proudly proclaims "Hand built in Canterbury"

I'm ashamed of my town :)

C

Man, I've just re-checked the photo in the ebay listing and I'm not sure it's the same bass. It's the same shape and design etc., but the hardware and pickguard are different, and I think the one I saw today was a different colour!

Surely he didn't make two, perhaps planning a big production run?

Oh, and if you look very carefully on the pickguard next to the G-string, the 'builder' has put his name to it. Why would you do that :)

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1020179' date='Nov 11 2010, 02:56 PM']Well, I walked into Hobgoblin Music in Canterbury today and guess what, there it was, just sitting there, looking every bit as poorly made, ugly, mutant and unplayable as it did in the ebay listing. It has a £400 price tag which proudly proclaims "Hand built in Canterbury"

I'm ashamed of my town :)

C[/quote]

Hobgoblin Music?

• 3 months later...

"This item is in stock in our Canterbury shop. Please contact the shop before travelling to avoid disappointment".

What? The disappointment of seeing it?

"Our Secondhand instruments come with a six month guarantee. If the instrument develops any new problems within this time, you can bring it back to us for a free repair"

Would you really notice any new problems over and above those it already has?

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145265' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:46 PM']"This item is in stock in our Canterbury shop. Please contact the shop before travelling to avoid disappointment".

"Our Secondhand instruments come with a six month guarantee. If the instrument develops any new problems within this time, you can bring it back to us for a free repair"

Would you really notice any new problems over and above those it already has?[/quote]

Someone should buy it and do the decent thing of making into a steinberger a-like. For mercy!

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145265' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:46 PM']If the instrument develops any new problems within this time, you can bring it back to us for a free repair.[/quote]

In a spirit of pure pedantic windy-upiness, I'll just point out that you can't actually develop a new problem. You can create or discover a new problem, but you can only develop an existing one.

Only sayin' ...

:)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145265' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:46 PM']"This item is in stock in our Canterbury shop. Please contact the shop before travelling to avoid disappointment".[/quote]
I would have thought that the sort of person who would buy this bass would not be the type to be easily disappointed. :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145265' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:46 PM']"This item is in stock in our Canterbury shop. Please contact the shop before travelling to avoid disappointment".

Would you really notice any new problems over and above those it already has?[/quote]

Seen it in the flesh mate, abomination.

[quote name='Johnston' post='1145448' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:03 AM']Just noticed this thread.

and this on the website

I wonder if there the cheap pups on the bay from an Irish shop.[/quote]

I did wonder at that. MIA PUPs, yes. Jap PUPs, possibly. Irish PUPs.....

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1145452' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:06 AM']I would have thought that the sort of person who would buy this bass would not be the type to be easily disappointed. :)[/quote]

But is there a sort of person who would buy this bass?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1145466' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:17 AM']Seen it in the flesh mate, abomination.[/quote]

We rehearse above that shop, and there are time when I feel, well, a presence

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145503' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:42 AM']I did wonder at that. MIA PUPs, yes. Jap PUPs, possibly. Irish PUPs.....[/quote]
Duh, Irish pups. Split P pup where one half only has north only magnets and the other has south. The north pup sounds a little harsher than the south. :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145503' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:42 AM']But is there a sort of person who would buy this bass?[/quote]
I fear there might be.