Why become a member? ×

Ashamed of my home town :)

Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='1145261' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:43 PM']Found it again

[url="http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/shbigpic.php?Code=56Y0033"]http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/shbigpic.php?Code=56Y0033[/url]

There is definitely more than one. How? Why?[/quote]

That is definitely the lid off a B&Q toilet seat. I have just fitted one made from the same timber in my daughters toilet.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1145532' date='Mar 1 2011, 11:11 AM']Haha, we practice at CMR too, Ross and Lee are top guys (Lee is a member here)[/quote]

I dare you to get a photo of you playing the bass above (with a straight face) and post it here :)

In fact, you'll get the DB PUP for free if you do.

[quote name='Johnston' post='1145558' date='Mar 1 2011, 11:32 AM']

Irish Pups :) :)[/quote]

Ah, are they Airedales? Lovely dogs. My mate had an Airedale that absolutely loved cheese and seemed to be able to smell it from some distance. He once ate an entire Edam he stole from a little old lady's shopping bag, whilst she stood there - terrified - saying "nice doggy, nice doggy" :lol:

EDIT. Slightly OT I know but not that serious a topic in the first place really

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1150722' date='Mar 5 2011, 04:58 PM']:)

So... how did it play? And how did it sound? You look... er... delighted with its performance.[/quote]

Well I'll give it a little review

First up fit and finish:

First up the 'neck bolts' were B&Q brass wood screws in a very weird pattern, then the finish was a home natural job but was only lacquered in some parts.

The strings were misaligned but that might be because the bridge was.

Hardware:

I don't play many headless basses but my assumption is that with most you can tune up past a 'C' on the 'D' string before the tuning peg becomes immovable.

Electrics:

P bass pick up with J control plate with a V/N*/T configuration.

*nothing

Playability

F*cking awful

All yours for £400

Wayne

Mate, I am SO proud of you mate! You faced your fear, you overcame, and you conquered! Awesome, the PUP is yours for sure, and if you drank there'd be a beer of seven in it for you as well.

I hope you've had a full medical after contact with the thing :)

See you soon fella!

C