Why become a member? ×

2x15 Bass Cabs

civictiger

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='979390' date='Oct 6 2010, 01:58 PM']that looks like First Ave rehearsal room[/quote]
What gave it away? Was it the huge metal pole conveniently located in the middle of the room? Or could you hear the telltale sound of my shoes gently pulling away from the gaffa tape that's holding the carpet together? :)

EDIT: Dammit! Beaten again!

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='979396' date='Oct 6 2010, 02:01 PM']Spot on! In fact, my shoes are still stuck to the floor. I just left them there. :lol:

big bash soon...[/quote]

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='979397' date='Oct 6 2010, 02:01 PM']What gave it away? Was it the huge metal pole conveniently located in the middle of the room? Or could you hear the telltale sound of my shoes gently pulling away from the gaffa tape that's holding the carpet together? :)

EDIT: Dammit! Beaten again![/quote]

HA! Not been there for years now but I wouldn't be surprised if some of that gaffa is mine!

The other giveaway was indeed the pole, all the other poles I've seen in Newcastle don't have paint chipped off them (well not unless the dancer was wearing fetish gear :) )

[quote name='civictiger' post='967036' date='Sep 24 2010, 07:06 PM']Hey guys, im looking to buy a 2x15 Bass Cab..

does anyone have/know if the Markbass 152HR is any good?
my college has a Markbass Endorsement which means we get 50% off of their products, so if this is a good cab im obviously gonna look into it!!

However, I am also interested in the Mesa Powerhouse 2x15.. but it again, is a bit costly.. or also maybe a Peavey Tour 215 or a Hartke 215 for a cheap option..
also interested in an Ampeg 215 but, it seems like they are pretty hard to come by?

I would also look into getting a Marshall 7215, but they are so rare I wouldnt know where to START to look for one![/quote]

not sure if it helps, but i got a 2x15 powerhouse for £500 from my local guitar shop second hand, absolute bargain and well worth the full price in my honnest opinion. Pumps out so much bass!