Why become a member? ×

EBS MicroBass II Preamp

wateroftyne

I am not friends with mine :) I find it's sound frustrating, and no mather what I do, it takes the punch out of my regular sound.. its probaly a shame to say it, but im going back to Line 6 POD's, i was far more happy with my sound then (i was very close to throw the Microbass through the bandroom last practice...)

• 5 months later...

Ive just had mine for a week and all I can say is WOW.

What a total revelation, Im just sooo glad to be in control of my FOH tone. The backstage warm up, practice and Fx blend are awesome. A lot of dosh but a fab item to have in the gigbag.

Mines staying put.

• 5 months later...

HI!
I recently switched from Sansamp BDDI to MBII. I'm very impressed by the sound and usability, the only thing that bothers me is the output which I find very low when plugged directly into power amp. I simply miss the BDDI's +10dB output boost. I'll apreciate every suggestion how to boost the output up.

• 10 months later...

Hello!

I'm new here and with my first post I'd like to revive this thread because I have a question about the EBS. Two actually. So people are saying that it can be "a little tricky" to balance the two channels. Could someone develop a little bit on this? Is it practical to use it as a stompbox where channel A is clean and B can be added for overdrive?

Second bit is about the split EQ. Does the lack of a distinct midrange control on channel A bother anyone or is this helped out by the Enhance-button?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Spiral_out' post='726250' date='Jan 27 2010, 12:53 PM']Hello!

I'm new here and with my first post I'd like to revive this thread because I have a question about the EBS. Two actually. So people are saying that it can be "a little tricky" to balance the two channels. Could someone develop a little bit on this? Is it practical to use it as a stompbox where channel A is clean and B can be added for overdrive?

Second bit is about the split EQ. Does the lack of a distinct midrange control on channel A bother anyone or is this helped out by the Enhance-button?

Thanks for your help![/quote]
Not sure I can help on much of this 'cos I have only had mine a month or so, but I do have mine set as a stomp for normal and a bit more gritty A:B

It certainly sounded nice the two gig / rehearsal, the latter being Wal->EBS->beaten up Trace Elliot 4x10 combo set flat and it was great.

[quote name='WalMan' post='735828' date='Feb 5 2010, 10:14 AM']Not sure I can help on much of this 'cos I have only had mine a month or so, but I do have mine set as a stomp for normal and a bit more gritty A:B

It certainly sounded nice the two gig / rehearsal, the latter being Wal->EBS->beaten up Trace Elliot 4x10 combo set flat and it was great.[/quote]

Yeah I've gotten some nice sounds with just a bit of added dirt on the 2nd channel. But I'm talking proper distortion here. Maybe I should have used that term instead. Guess that doesn't really work? I mean I have a Boss ODB3 anyway so it doesn't really matter all that much I just thought it could be used like a distortion pedal as well.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

• 1 year later...

I have mine for short time. I was useing Maxon Compressor for "Clean Boost" for about two years...well EBS MBII works better for me now. My all basses sounds better with it. My Roscoe which is great bass has much better slap sound than before with MBII....it cuts much better. My Jazz basses are more ballanced. I found I like "A" chanel the best. I go treble 11/12 o'clock I cut bass cca 10 o'clock but I boost bass knob on my instrument, boost/gain 10'clock, volume 2-3 o'clock. I like A/B switch too but just in some situations...yes it' great product, you can practise with it, it is good D.I. Some preams can sounds better if you make A/B test in your house but EBS is winner on stage.

Edited by Wimpy