Why become a member? ×

Some tunes we recored on the cheap at York Uni

thisnameistaken

Feedback welcome, they're on our MySpace page at the moment:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/copaseticska"]http://www.myspace.com/copaseticska[/url]

We tracked all four tunes in a day so they are rough around the edges, and they were recorded about a month after we'd started rehearsing them, so they have become more sophisticated live since then.

Great stuff - What else is there to say....

OK, you twisted my arm......

Restless and In A Rising Tide are two stunning tracks - plenty of energy, well thought out arrangements, well played, great horm parts and no "overplaying"

Trends shows a slower and quite thoughtful side to the band - great track.

I wasn't as keen on Firing Squad - nothing wrong with it it, just something doesn't sit right with me and I can't put my finger on it.

I love each of the songs "as is" - would love to hear what you do to them over time.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='957899' date='Sep 16 2010, 12:28 AM']Feedback welcome, they're on our MySpace page at the moment:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/copaseticska"]http://www.myspace.com/copaseticska[/url]

We tracked all four tunes in a day so they are rough around the edges, and they were recorded about a month after we'd started rehearsing them, so they have become more sophisticated live since then.[/quote]

Where and who did you go through to record these (and - if I can be cheeky - how much?). We're at the stage where we're considering recording so we need ideas for where we can go to best most bang for our buck (our main problem is finding a sound engineer who understands the Fania sound we're looking for). So the more info about local studios we can get the better I think.

[quote name='EvilSmile' post='972232' date='Sep 29 2010, 11:38 PM']Great tracks :) Also small world man, i'm at york uni, guitarist of the ska/punk band i play in kept mentioning you guys as he knows suzy![/quote]

Oh really? What's your band called?

[quote name='lanark' post='972357' date='Sep 30 2010, 09:17 AM']Where and who did you go through to record these (and - if I can be cheeky - how much?).[/quote]

Sorry man but we recorded with a guy who's moving to London in the next couple of weeks.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='972528' date='Sep 30 2010, 11:51 AM']Sorry man but we recorded with a guy who's moving to London in the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

No problem. Loved the tracks, by the way. Especially liked the first two Restless and Trends. I thought the changes of pace in Resltess worked really well, and the horns in Trends worked great together (I hope I'm remembering the song names correctly). All in all, great work.

ETA: I did type great a lot in that paragraph, didn't I., Great.

Edited by lanark

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='972528' date='Sep 30 2010, 11:51 AM']Oh really? What's your band called?[/quote]

Animals in Dangerous Situations, we played woodstock this year. Tom, the guitarist knows suzy iirc, and aran from make it better later plays drums (learn from playing rock band!).

[quote name='EvilSmile' post='973799' date='Oct 1 2010, 12:20 PM']Animals in Dangerous Situations, we played woodstock this year. Tom, the guitarist knows suzy iirc, and aran from make it better later plays drums (learn from playing rock band!).[/quote]

Oh I see, I haven't seen you guys but I've seen you billed around York. I thought Aaron had moved to London by now? It was Aaron who recorded these tracks for us!

• 4 weeks later...

Ah cheers man it's nice to hear positive noises! We actually did have some CDs of these tunes last summer, we were knocking them out for £2 at gigs, but I don't think we have any left.

They're also on Spotify now if you use that at all.

We're recording another five tunes at the moment and trying to get websites and merch and stuff organised properly, so we'll have a better way of selling CDs hopefully when the new EP is ready, and maybe get another run of the old one printed while we're at it.