Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

A recent, small but very nicely formed addition to the practice rig - the Monique performs beautifully with a passive Wilcock, though I still prefer the Hellborg with actives 

0AE33B07-779A-48C7-AB9B-54ED8B6A82C6_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, three said:

A recent, small but very nicely formed addition to the practice rig - the Monique performs beautifully with a passive Wilcock, though I still prefer the Hellborg with actives 

So much awesome in one photo...

6 hours ago, three said:

Funny, I have the same gear except for the cab😯

Edited by mar_to_the_t

5 hours ago, Bigwan said:

So much awesome in one photo...

That is very kind - thank you.  I should add that I do not own a car, do not drive (better for everybody), and I've lived in a delapidated bus shelter for 35 years - these factors have facilitated the rig: one has to prioritise.

1 hour ago, mar_to_the_t said:

Funny, I have the same gear except for the cab😯

I salute your selections sir!  In my extensive sifting through pres (and according to personal taste), some of the finest of the valve and SS varieties

• Like 1

8 hours ago, three said:

Loving that 👍, I very nearly bought a Monique a while back 

• Thanks 1

Finally made the move to in ears and had a few months to get used to it. Generic shure model, as recommended by Cory Wong! They have to be in exactly right to be their most effective and I can’t smile as the bottom end disappears completely! But will eventually get some proper molded jobs now I’ve discovered how much I like playing this way. The pre has been in action for about half that time, but as a long time Markbass user it seemed a good choice (I shopped blind- or is that deaf?) and it has quite a pronounced character but I’ve dialled my perception in now and really like it. There was a debacle involving empty delivery boxes from the retailer etc but I’ll save that for another thread. I’ve just finished a run of show gigs under ‘normal circumstances’, amps and cabs and tinnitus, and have to say I’m another in-ear convert.

image.jpg

• Like 3

On 23/07/2022 at 17:33, Mudpup said:

Last night's action shot....

A couple of Barefaced BB3 cabs and a Mesa MPulse 600. A Quilter BB800 hiding on top just in case and me playing my Cort A4 being mesmerised by the intriguing carpet 😂

(Oh and mudpup junior hiding side stage after helping his old man shift everything as my back was broken. He's busy on his socials rather than appreciating his old mans rock godness)

FB_IMG_1658568673316.jpg

Just picked up a BB2 cab from @walshyand took his advice to try running an Ashdown ABM EVOIII through it, and it does sound awesome!

Might have to rethink gig gear now and rack up my trusty GK MB800 as backup, or as in the pic, slave it off the ABM to drive another cab!

IMG_4972.thumb.jpg.330393c658c83de7e464a7a3cfbd1b53.jpg

• Like 2

On 02/08/2022 at 14:32, three said:

That is very kind - thank you.  I should add that I do not own a car, do not drive (better for everybody), and I've lived in a delapidated bus shelter for 35 years - these factors have facilitated the rig: one has to prioritise.

I salute your selections sir!  In my extensive sifting through pres (and according to personal taste), some of the finest of the valve and SS varieties

This might be the year I break down and get a Monique, I’ve been threatening to do so for a while now. I mostly play mid sized rooms and often am not in the PA so I have to fill the room. I’ve been using a Bergantino rig , a little Forte head and two HDN cabs , a 112 & 210 , we’re not loud so I often just use a single cab.59896271-FB61-42DB-9CE9-57E106699F4E.thumb.jpeg.1bb6d1b344ad0e9cd754fbea654ac1fd.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Loving that, I’ve got the same amp, it fits the cab really well 

I loved my V4 but wasn’t loud enough for me in the band context. 

It was always running nearly flat out and overdriven of course so great for rock but less versatile for other genres in the band 

54 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Loving that, I’ve got the same amp, it fits the cab really well 

Yes it sounds great. I use a P bass with flats and a sansamp and it gives me that chewy tone I've always wanted. I have the gain at around 11 and the master volume at about 9 - plenty loud enough! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonse said:

Yes it sounds great. I use a P bass with flats and a sansamp and it gives me that chewy tone I've always wanted. I have the gain at around 11 and the master volume at about 9 - plenty loud enough! 

That’s a great setup , I use mine with a big baby 2 which is just right for me , a while back out of curiosity I tried my Ampeg preamp pedal through it, it really gave it a fat tone and the bass is so deep, I’ve also got a sansamp but I’ve never tried that 

D011A54E-5088-4D5D-9F3C-482F99A23288.thumb.jpeg.72cdb510b5401f08f9ab6987449e245b.jpeg

Straightforward!

Genz Head bass has seen 500+ gigs. Usually a head, sometimes a DI. Clean and clear. Been round a few blocks with cabs, but the Vanderkleys are very good for me. Clear and with the ability to handle and give out real guts.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Two practice rigs , one at home , one at the in-laws (looking after my mother-in-law) . Home rig … SWR Headlite into an Ampeg210AV, fan in the SWR is a bit noisy , but tolerable. And at the in-laws , Darkglass Exponent 500 into a little Phil Jones C2. I had been using a GK MB200 with the C2 , GK might move home in place of the SWR … we’ll see. I really love that little GK.

Also have a handy GK MB150 combo when I have to go out for rehearsal. Still a great little amp! 

2F53E884-B99B-4779-AB93-A04A40705257.jpeg

3CF23C27-30AC-4846-AEB7-6C5B17A384E2.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...