Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

34 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Doesn’t matter what bass I put through this it’s sounds amazing. A56DDA78-EC3F-4971-BA58-DCB172E6F4D8.thumb.jpeg.175d61959e9f5a79843bd2d3b5a76e75.jpeg

head courtesy of @binky_bass

cabs courtesy of @fabbabass who purchased them from a dealer that bought the spares from a John patitucci tour of the UK 

So what are the differences between the Modulus Flea and the Modulus necked Stingray I sold you?

3 minutes ago, E sharp said:

So what are the differences between the Modulus Flea and the Modulus necked Stingray I sold you?

The stingray has a more subtle warmer sound I’d say a sweetness but still carries the sustain and clarity, the Funk unlimited has a lane poor pick up and is just gnarly mid heavy and in your face, both very similar feel to play but very different tones and qualities 

57 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I like the way you've made sure the Spector matches the colour scheme of that piece of rope on the keyboard stand! 

Stunning looking bass... A custom order?

Didn't spot that😅

It's a custom order of sorts. Mark at Bass Direct spec'd  and ordered it. I just fell in love with it when I saw it and had to have it.

17 hours ago, Urban Bassman said:

Just got back into rehearsals with my new band and got to use my Bergantino rig "properly" 😁.  Totally blown away this amp/cab/bass combo...this is the tone I always had in my head.  Very happy.

20211103_103426.jpg

A blue Spector has been on my bucket list for years (seriously considering the one in the classifieds now but not my ideal pickup combo) but that may be replacing it from now on. Stunning mate. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jazzyvee said:

Overkill?

BTII, BBII, Alembic In-2, F2-B, SF-2, Crown XLS1502 power amp. 

09E4EF78-4D87-4D27-8C8A-7CC665857358.jpeg

Overhang...just enough to trigger my OCD, but then,as has been established previously, I'm as shallow as a puddle... 😕🙂

Bet it sounds glorious, tho...Too Much is never enough... 🙂

It triggers mine too but less so when I use the my setup like this. However I use this setup mainly if it's a reggae gig and don't have the bass in the PA or it's an outdoor gig. Helps keep the heft in the bottom end.
.IMG_1944_wDubster.jpeg.8e5d1b93e05e1c2f07db47cef4e76047.jpeg

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, jazzyvee said:

It triggers mine too but less so when I use the my setup like this. However I use this setup mainly if it's a reggae gig and don't have the bass in the PA or it's an outdoor gig. Helps keep the heft in the bottom end.
.IMG_1944_wDubster.jpeg.8e5d1b93e05e1c2f07db47cef4e76047.jpeg

Yep, much better for us OCD types...hang on a sec...what's that bottom cab? 

Soo this is my honest rig

unnamghgged.thumb.jpg.4f626ec2d3d354c5c6e8b016bfe619ab.jpg

Ashdown ABM500 Evo II RC from 2007 in Gator retrorack case with a power socket mounted on the back to power the head, pedalboard and Mooer Radar;
Gallien Krueger CX210 & CX410 @8ohms that I keep at rehersal place;  I almost always ony take the 2x10 cab to gigs

In front of that is just bass and pedalboard.

• Like 7