Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Six days after Anderton's told me they expected a batch of Orange Terror Bass heads in last monday, they still can't offer me a delivery date as actually they aren't waiting for a new shipment but just hoping the ones 'lost in the post' will turn up.

So I've cancelled my order, and thanked them for trying to fulfil it, as it seems PMT's shipment arrived a week ago and I've managed to order while they claim to still have several in stock across the UK. Hopefully Saturday.

14 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Six days after Anderton's told me they expected a batch of Orange Terror Bass heads in last monday, they still can't offer me a delivery date as actually they aren't waiting for a new shipment but just hoping the ones 'lost in the post' will turn up.

So I've cancelled my order, and thanked them for trying to fulfil it, as it seems PMT's shipment arrived a week ago and I've managed to order while they claim to still have several in stock across the UK. Hopefully Saturday.

And an email from DPD to say awaiting parcel from PMT and will deliver it to me tomorrow 🙂

• Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 13:14, peteb said:

I am thinking of swapping my two HD112 cabs for a lightweight Berg 212. I was holding out for a HDN212, but I missed out on a couple of CN212 cans at Bass Direct recently and I am beginning to regret it. I did have an AE212 before, which I really liked, even if I prefer the HDs (but not that much in it really). 

I don't suppose you can say how the CN212 compares to the HD or HDN (or even the AE) cabs?? 

Can't compare it I'm afraid, first and only berg cab I've tried!

Finally got to use my new rig at a rehearsal. Had to turn the gain down a bit to suit the material, all tone controls more or less at 12 O'clock. Volume never went past 8 o'clock, ample power just ticking over.

The band kept saying how cool it looked and awesome it sounded 🙂

1929140531_BassTerrorandGRBassAR212Slim.thumb.jpg.5a5d3fb0d16a6a050a9e8a7dfce246ed.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, E sharp said:

I like that. But what’s the world come to, where cabs are now lighter that heads he he 

Both amp and cab were bought with sound quality in mind. I'm only in my mid forties so weight isn't really a concern. 

More for comedy value…. Played a little gig in Kings Lynn yesterday, we took our normal little back line and the stage… dwarfed it somewhat 😆

BC623803-ECA1-427B-84A3-3DE2BCD04141.jpeg

ETA - yes that’s a Barefaced One10 and Ashdown RM800, honest guv.

Edited by Merton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Soledad said:

Don't you just slightly miss the all-over breeze of a nice 8x10 though? 

Tbh, I can probably count on one hand the number of opportunities I’ve had to get away with driving a ‘Big rig’ on a stage?
It’s complete overkill in club’s & pubs especially with decent P.A & foldback & almost every sound engineer I’ve met likes to keep a fairly quiet stage to avoid feedback issues?
The outdoor events I’ve played this summer have had fantastic monitoring, both wedges & IEM.
Over the years I’ve become less & less precious about my sound as what I hear on stage can be completely different to what an audience hears?
My tone these day’s is down to the bass & strings I play & I certainly don’t miss the humping of gear late at night?

• Like 3