Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Reminds me of my old Ashdown 'big rig' many years ago. This was something else with the Ampeg SVT Pro4. I'd love it now, trouble is, I'd never be able to lift it! One of my last gigging rigs was a MarkBass Tube 800 and two ABM 410's. I've always liked Ashdown and @Painy's gear is something to be envious of! 

DSCF0146.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, bigthumb said:

Reminds me of my old Ashdown 'big rig' many years ago. This was something else with the Ampeg SVT Pro4. I'd love it now, trouble is, I'd never be able to lift it! One of my last gigging rigs was a MarkBass Tube 800 and two ABM 410's. I've always liked Ashdown and @Painy's gear is something to be envious of! 

DSCF0146.jpg

JEEZ! WTF are those cabs???

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

JEEZ! WTF are those cabs???

I can't now remember the model name but they were 2x12 and 2x8 in a very large box. I remember them being very difficult to shift about and heavy. But I did play a venue on a regular occurrence where the power was needed. IIRC, the cabs were 600w @ 4 Ohms, the Ampeg powered them nicely! I wish I still had the SVT. 

• Like 2

My rig that I've had for about 15 years.

1994 MIJ 1962 Fender P Reissue with Seymour Duncan 1/4 Pounder Pups (45mm nut btw!)
Hartke HA-7000
Ampeg BSE410HLF
Not pictured: BOSS ME-50B Pedal

Solid setup, never let me down and gigged all over the UK with it back in the day.

Edit: DOG is just a blanking panel for the flightcase that hides the extension leads and cabling :)

PXL_20210427_130833522.jpg

Edited by dutchbath
  • Like 3

On 03/03/2021 at 16:38, throwoff said:

It's new (old) amp day for me!

Ashdown Mag 300
EBS Classic 112
Ampeg SVT 112

Going to strip them and re-cover them all, probably black but I am tempted by white...

Good friend of mine sold these as a stonking deal!

IMG_0387.thumb.jpg.62be67cd887079e5e0848bba77d69663.jpg

There’s a wrong’un in there …. Too many weedy strings 

My current twiddling sound companion. Peavey MiniMax, Fender Rumble 210 and my V7, of course. I had an Aguilar TH350 with a Schroeder 212L before. I liked the Schroeder but never warmed to the Aguilar, I like the Peavey ( difficult comparison but given different cabs, but I did try different amps through the Schroeder and the Aggy through different cabs).

I've not had the chance to use this with a band yet, only at home, it sounds pretty good in the living room. The neighbours seem to like it as well, they've been tapping on the walls as I've playing along to songs.

687752998_IMG_20210513_1216423482.thumb.jpg.deced9eb98aaddf602089e33337a82b8.jpg

• Like 5

On 06/07/2021 at 14:09, Marvin said:

My current twiddling sound companion. Peavey MiniMax, Fender Rumble 210 and my V7, of course. I had an Aguilar TH350 with a Schroeder 212L before. I liked the Schroeder but never warmed to the Aguilar, I like the Peavey ( difficult comparison but given different cabs, but I did try different amps through the Schroeder and the Aggy through different cabs).

I've not had the chance to use this with a band yet, only at home, it sounds pretty good in the living room. The neighbours seem to like it as well, they've been tapping on the walls as I've playing along to songs.

687752998_IMG_20210513_1216423482.thumb.jpg.deced9eb98aaddf602089e33337a82b8.jpg

That pickguard looks great.

• Like 1

First gig in 18 months - Friday just gone . At 52 , I've never gone so long without a gig , since I was 17 .

New band start up (Northern Soul band) , with some of the people I occasionally dep with - Ska or Function band .

Got a Handbox WB100 last year and really didn't like it - no punch nor enough volume . Sold my Aguilar DB751 - big mistake .

So back to my trusty Eden WT400 . As I'm still waiting to sell some gear , I haven't got the fund for one of the DB751's up for sale here , so hooked up the beastly Crest CA9 , and ran the 'effects out' from the Eden head into it . Just wanted a bit more of that DB751 slam .

Worked really really well .

Also , first ever gig on a 5 string - my 3rd attempt now after all this time , and now can't see myself ever going back .

Used the Dingwall Super P5 all night , and the Bogart was there as a back up .

Bass sound was epic .

Bit of a quick pic as we were setting up , so not great .

soul bags gig.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/07/2021 at 20:19, E sharp said:

First gig in 18 months - Friday just gone . At 52 , I've never gone so long without a gig , since I was 17 .

New band start up (Northern Soul band) , with some of the people I occasionally dep with - Ska or Function band .

Got a Handbox WB100 last year and really didn't like it - no punch nor enough volume . Sold my Aguilar DB751 - big mistake .

So back to my trusty Eden WT400 . As I'm still waiting to sell some gear , I haven't got the fund for one of the DB751's up for sale here , so hooked up the beastly Crest CA9 , and ran the 'effects out' from the Eden head into it . Just wanted a bit more of that DB751 slam .

Worked really really well .

Also , first ever gig on a 5 string - my 3rd attempt now after all this time , and now can't see myself ever going back .

Used the Dingwall Super P5 all night , and the Bogart was there as a back up .

Bass sound was epic .

Bit of a quick pic as we were setting up , so not great .

soul bags gig.jpg

The crest CA9 is an absolutely brilliant bass power amp. Been looking for a nice one for a while.

3 hours ago, Quilly said:

After a driver replacement on the Schroeder  I decided to try this mongrel pairing. Works really well and way louder than what you’d expect  from 30w. Not the prettiest set up , but if it works it works .

1B9E12B8-359C-49DA-8196-F6E0A0BA424B.jpeg

C307DD25-5FCF-4550-84CD-FE9A091B800B.jpeg

That LB looks really sexy

• Like 1