Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

My budget 2 x 15" bass set up for a potential 2021 rock covers band, and to cover all future eventualities with gigs at some unknown point....maybe... possibly... in theory.  I'm more than happy with what I've achieved so far though considering my budget of pretty much fresh air and some brass buttons! It is still to be tested properly. I do expect it to allow me to go "boom boom boom"  in the background and generally flap trousers around though. 

Undecided at the moment, but am considering moving the rack on and swapping for something a little lighter, more compact and straight forward in the amp department.

1762057160_GibsonLP-BassRig.thumb.jpg.7fd14c05f35c32110c518f29dc8e52a1.jpg

• Like 1

My rig for 2021.

Ampeg svt7 pro.

Ampeg usa 410hlf cab.

Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Line 6 G90 wireless unit.

In the rear of the case:

6 way rack mount plug sockets.

Gallien Kreuger MB800 as spare.

Contains everything I need as well as spares for everything.

Rack lids have pouches in to hold any cables etc.

It quite manageable - around 15kg and one lift in.

The cab is quite heavy, but liftable, and has proper good wheels when on the flat.

20201222_123418.jpg

20201226_160535.jpg

Edited by la bam
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bleat said:

My budget 2 x 15" bass set up for a potential 2021 rock covers band, and to cover all future eventualities with gigs at some unknown point....maybe... possibly... in theory.  I'm more than happy with what I've achieved so far though considering my budget of pretty much fresh air and some brass buttons! It is still to be tested properly. I do expect it to allow me to go "boom boom boom"  in the background and generally flap trousers around though. 

Undecided at the moment, but am considering moving the rack on and swapping for something a little lighter, more compact and straight forward in the amp department.

1762057160_GibsonLP-BassRig.thumb.jpg.7fd14c05f35c32110c518f29dc8e52a1.jpg

Nice! What's the power amp?

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Nice! What's the power amp?

Hi Jack,

The power amp is a 800 Watt Soundtech PS-802, with a Soundtech 15 band EQ underneath, an original Bass Pod Pro preamp underneath that, and a couple of Laney Blackface Richter 15" cabs underneath all those. The amp is able to run at 230 watts per channel  as is. The pod has been a great way to find out what sort of tone works for me (currently its on a GK setting which I seem to be favouring).

Anyway...I'll bore off now 😄.  

2 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

I love the neatness, and hidden back-up.  Well thought out and executed @la bam 👍🏻👍🏻

Just makes life so much easier.

Get to gig, put cab in place, take lids off amp box, plug one plug into a wall socket, plug one end of the Speakon into the cab. Job done.

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can only compare the sound of these two against the Diesel 2x15 that they replaced. To my ears, the sound is the same. Again, to my ears, my sound hasn't materially changed throughout my journey from full valve, through valve/mos:fet to valve/digital. That's been an entirely Mesa powered transition.

That was (for comparisons sake)

Bass 400 - Diesel 2x15

M-Pulse 600 - Diesel 2x15

M-Pulse 600 - Subway 1x15s

TT-800 - Subway 1x15s

On 09/12/2020 at 14:36, Jack said:

Don't think I ever posted my new rig in here actually. Same as the old rig in concept, just a lot smaller and easier to work with, which is very important given my incredible laziness.

Out with the old full-fat Helix and Barefaced FR800s, in with the Stomp and (a pair of, if needed) QSC K12.2. I don't actually run the Stomp straight into the wedge normally (although it works fine for that), it usually goes to the XR18 we use as a desk so that I can add vocals, a hpf and any other eq the venue needs. So it's not a 'rig' so much as it's a picture of my  pedalboard and stage monitor, but whatever.

SNAP!

Well, almost... I have the stomp and the 12.2 (on a Gramma pad, natch) and I parallel the DI through a Shelford channel into an Eden UAD model with one side of the Stomp DI'd and one driving the wedge, gives me 2 distinct tone feeds and plenty of output for the studio and for live.

I don't bother taking the Shelford out live, just the Stomp straight into the QSC, I used to have a Pod Pro into a Barefaced Big Twin, which was suitably awesome, but the little edge and the Stomp work wonders really.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

What’s the RM210 cab like ? 

I’m impressed with it. It doesn’t have the same mid and top end of the Barefaceds but it has a lovely rounded tone and works really well with the ABM. It’s not as sensitive as the Barefaceds either so likes being driven.

• Like 1

My little Bi-amp rig. Stereo power amp into a couple of BF cabs. Signal comes into the line 6 then from there to the crossover. 

Two outs from there, each going to its own preamp. A guitar multi for the upper frequencies and  Cali sound for the bottom. 

The joy being I can experiment with multiple different pre options. Everything gets tucked away into the rack, set up and pack down is fast and easy. 

IMG_20210208_142413.jpg

• Like 10