Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

55 minutes ago, three said:

Apologies, it’s an Alembic Active Super Cable as seen here:

https://www.station-musicshop.de/epages/64398533.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64398533/Products/3694&Locale=en_GB

It works! Though I suspect there’s a cheaper way of achieving similar!

At 350 euro I would imagine so. I think if I was wielding the soldering iron I could do it for 1/10th of that...

What is the little speaker cab by the way?

Edited by Bigwan

22 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

At 350 euro I would imagine so. I think if I was wielding the soldering iron I could do it for 1/10th of that...

What is the little speaker cab by the way?

The cab’s a CVA with a B&C coax 8” driver  - I think it’s a high-end pro install unit found in clubs and venues. It works beautifully as a full range small bass cab with excellent resolution (a bit like a good studio monitor). I suspect you’re right re the soldering iron - a £50 buffer unit would probably do the job but might not look as pretty. I was alerted to actives/buffers and passive basses by Chris May - I have one of his PJs with an internal Overwater designed East buffer. Beautiful and difficult to return to straight passive after using it. The ASC just appears to give ‘more’ of the character tone of any given passive bass. Not like taking a duvet off the speakers but maybe a chiffon scarf

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hammer_ said:

Here’s my current set up. Korg tuner, power conditioner, IEM transmitter, Sansamp RBI, DBX Compressor, Yamaha SPX, Trace 350SMX. 

It sounds SICK 🤟

5E84CE57-5405-4F49-AE67-19DCFCDB62B7.jpeg

Certainly does - saw you guys supporting Geoff Tate a couple of weeks back in Camden and it sounded immense :)

(yes I recognised the rack from the gig... bass geek... 🤓)

On 29/08/2019 at 13:42, Jus Lukin said:

Very cool! I was thinking of have an 1176 type in a live rig, and perhaps even a Pultec EQ, too!

Are you running the Klark Teknik in the loop?

I can strongly recommend the Warm Audio - a superb Pultec clone - it’s displaced the Noble for now

551C4298-A883-4F12-9BCF-951478A3FD68.jpeg

Thanks all for the very kind words re: my post above - the WA is extraordinarily impressive - it can certainly do everything that the Noble can and much more besides.  It's been a bit of a revelation.  The form factor isn't as convenient as the Noble but the review accolades appear to be richly deserved.  I think that the WA could make pretty much everything sound good/better

46 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Moved from a single 610 to a modular 610. First outing this Thursday. Can't wait! Matamp were bloody amazing sorting the head for me ahead of recording in June. Such top guys. Head sounds amazing. 

DSC_2117.thumb.JPG.3a653d7f8f85e4f4fb6c00b51bda9017.JPGDSC_2122.thumb.JPG.7e157331a9a57cc69753e43c628d5782.JPG

Looks awesome! Had to do a double take though - first time around I had a jaw dropping moment thinking "has he really gone for an almighty 12 x 10 rig?!!" 😂

• Haha 1