Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Call this my Smash and Grab for when I need to be in and out fast. Ashdown set for maximum boom, TCE for bright and middley. All bondage strapped Hannibal Lecter style to sack trucks and ready wired up. Even guitar hanger attached to the trucks. 

Wheel it in, plug it in, hit a few notes, turn the volume down on the TCE if it's too toppy or down on the Ashdown if it's too bassy. 

End of the night bass into gig bag, unplug extension lead, wheel the whole lot out and it was like I was never there. 

Particularly good for violent venues and festivals where getting in and out with maximum speed and stealth is of paramount importance. 

IMG_20190630_182852.thumb.jpg.e34d8302904e3db53e2d2d7a14ce1db1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Particularly good for violent venues and festivals where getting in and out with maximum speed and stealth is of paramount importance. 

Stewblack the stealth, does have quite a ring to it 😄

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bassmayhem said:

The new big blues/rock rig: Fender Super Bassman with Fender Bassman 810 Neo cab, supercharged with my new Payson Supercharger PJ...
48146090427_05bf2e54ba_o.jpg
I can't wait to get it out into open air soon enough... ;) 

Swoon 

• 2 weeks later...

My current rig.  Gets me the tones I need to cut through nicely in my function band.  A lightweight rig for me as I’ve had old skool TE gear for many years.  Might have to add a 4x10 cab at some point but more than happy with what I got.  My only GAS is for a Wal.....

E9E5CB93-E071-4004-952E-1DCAF0584024.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mangotango said:

The Little Jazz Rig

A GB 900 I think.  Little?... describe big for me would you.

Just got a 900 Streamliner and it is proper good.  But I hook mine onto a GK 410  for a nice bit of headroom :)

2 hours ago, Soledad said:

A GB 900 I think.  Little?... describe big for me would you.

Just got a 900 Streamliner and it is proper good.  But I hook mine onto a GK 410  for a nice bit of headroom :)

Nah, "Little" refers to the overall physical size, not the wattage. So the Big Rig pairs the same amp with a GenzBenz 2-12,  a chunky pedalboard and these babies....plus maybe the EUB too, depending on the music/gig.

You're right though - the Streamliner is a top quality amp. Need to look around for a spare in case of issues.....

Spectors, couch.jpg

Edited by mangotango
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, mangotango said:

You're right though - the Streamliner is a top quality amp.

Liking mine so far. It goes out live saturday for my first time with it but I'm pretty certain it'll sound great, and should keep up with the drummer ;) - with the GK410 it removes walls from buildings so I'm 'quietly' confident.
Become a bit of a GB fan, got a 210 combo a while back (M Line 200)  - that was a great find, don't see many around and it's a belter.

5 hours ago, Soledad said:

Liking mine so far. It goes out live saturday for my first time with it but I'm pretty certain it'll sound great, and should keep up with the drummer ;) - with the GK410 it removes walls from buildings so I'm 'quietly' confident.
Become a bit of a GB fan, got a 210 combo a while back (M Line 200)  - that was a great find, don't see many around and it's a belter.

I don't think that you'll be "quietly" anything at all.  Loud and Proud is the way to go. :biggrin:

Yep, I had GB recommended to me by my old mate @Scoop and he wasn't wrong. In fact, given that I acquired my BC 310 from him, he hasn't steered me wrong on anything bass-ish so far. However, he does keep going on about his lovely ACG basses and I'm not sure that Mrs. Mango or the Bank Manager will approve....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Love it 👍Is that the 2x12 or the Dubster 🙂

Dubster, I decided to give it an outing last night, did the business as ever, I did think about nipping home and getting the Four10 at one point as Stofferson turned up with a Four10 he'd bought on the way to the gig, would have been nice to have run them together.

• Thanks 1