Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

29 minutes ago, foya said:

Finally I reach the nirvana in my ears... and under my finger!!! 

CB654DD7-7285-41E2-BCA4-FC15190E1795.jpeg

Ahh, my favourite amp - a monster classic. I note your gain and master levels. These are capable of crushing volume (running at 4ohms?)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, three said:

Ahh, my favourite amp - a monster classic. I note your gain and master levels. These are capable of crushing volume (running at 4ohms?)

the levels you saw in the picture are the ones I set last night for the rehearsals .. and I can tell you that I had no problems with drums and two very loud guitars! (Running on 4 ohm with two cabs)

honestly, even during live

gigs I don't have to go up with the volume any more, in so many years that I have this head probably I never got over 10 hours of volume, (4 in a scale

of 10)

when I need more push I raise slightly more gain..

this amp is really loud! 

Ahh, Trace - to me still some of the best gear out there (love the classic Trace tone)  and at the prices that these go for now, it’s a no brainer. Always know there’s going to a great bass tone when I walk into a venue and see a Trace stack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, three said:

Ahh, Trace - to me still some of the best gear out there (love the classic Trace tone)  and at the prices that these go for now, it’s a no brainer. Always know there’s going to a great bass tone when I walk into a venue and see a Trace stack

My feelings exactly :)

16 minutes ago, mangotango said:

...and even better if you can get someone else to carry it round for you 9_9

Yes, indeed. Fortunately, we usually have a couple of roadies for all that humping palarva...!! ;)
I do also have my trolley for the cab plus wheels on the combo. Sorted.  :)

33 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Stairs. That’s all I’m saying... 😁

Haha, fair point, but I have to say almost all of our gigs are ground level. On occasion where there have been stairs, we've even been lucky enough to have a lift. I know none of this is guaranteed in which case, where I know beforehand, I can always bring my lighter Eden combo instead. 💪 :) 💪

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

Haha, fair point, but I have to say almost all of our gigs are ground level. On occasion where there have been stairs, we've even been lucky enough to have a lift. I know none of this is guaranteed in which case, where I know beforehand, I can always bring my lighter Eden combo instead. 💪 :) 💪

...just don't expect your guitarist :hi:to be doin' any of that Heavy Liftin' stuff!! :biggrin:

Edited by mangotango
  • Haha 1

Went to a practice studio last night for our first rehearsal session. One of these 'enter a code' ones.

Guitarists had 100W marshal heads and 5x10 cabs supplied but no speaker leads (jack-jack). Took twenty minutes before 'support' could confirm there was nothing they could do about it. The 'spares' cupboard only had jack to speakon, so they had to go through the PA.

I found myself with a Ashdown ABM500 into a 15% ashdown cab, luckily its speakon cable hadn't been 'borrowed'. Can't say we really had the time or the inclination to  be fussy about the tone.

At practice volume I saw the VU meter needle twitch slightly of  the bottom stop 🙂

I've recently joined the small amp gang and picked up a GK MB500. I still love my trusty old Ashdown ABM setup though, compact 1x15 and 2x10 cabs with a 300W head. They're the original series which I've had since day one and they have never let me down. At home, I have the MB500 running the 1x15 as it's a bit more mid-heavy than the bassier ABM which is driving the less-bassy 2x10.

rig2019.jpg

• Like 3