Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Been following your cab thread. Looks pretty sweet. Interesting to see the 15 on top !

There is a rather uninteresting story behind that, but here goes anyway. I wanted to flip the grill on one of my cabs to make the Wharfdale "W" an "M" and get my initials "MW". I couldn't do it on the 2x10 because the grill bends under at the bottom where it's ported. So I flipped the 15 instead and put it on top just to see what it would look like. Then I decided I just liked it better that way around. Contrary to what logic might dictate, the 2x10 is actually more bassy than the 1x15 due to the larger overall surface area, and the horn in the 2x10 is angled upwards so it's designed to sit on the floor and send the high end upwards towards the players ears. It just works better that way around. At least to my ears. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

42 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I wish I could find a sunburst Jaguar like that, I might be tempted! 

It was actually an 8 pint beauty. I bought it in a drunken stupor because I thought it looked pretty through my beer goggles, then the next morning I thought "what have I done?" and just felt dirty. (We've all been there right?) I generally can't stand Fenders and Fender style guitars. They're just bland and a bit meh. The Jag is a little bit more interesting looking than most but it still has that headstock that even the elephant man's mother couldn't love. I am growing accustomed to it, like an ugly wife with a nice personality. But I don't think I'll ever love it. 

I much prefer these two. 

Weirdly I don't really have a thing for sunburst either. It's just coincidental that everything I've fancied at the right price happens to have been in that colour, so I have a matching set. Also coincidentally, short, medium and long scale. Semi acoustic, passive, and active. So I think I've covered all my basses (pardon the pun). 

IMG_20190121_140717.jpg

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2018 at 14:00, fleabag said:

This has to be the smallest and lightest rig i've ever owned

GB & PJB rig 2.jpg

Now the FX board has been finalised ... no more pedals. Thats it, i've had enough of buying , selling, buying, selling pedals to last me a lifetime

This is it  :)

FX case.jpg

7 hours ago, fleabag said:

Now the FX board has been finalised ... no more pedals. Thats it, i've had enough of buying , selling, buying, selling pedals to last me a lifetime

This is it  :)

FX case.jpg

That is IT. It's final. No more new gear EVER.

.... but do tell us when you get a power box rather than use the extension cable, realise that it won't fit on the board so you have to get a new board, but the new one looks empty so that compressor you always had your eye on might actually fit on it this time, and your mate lent you his whammy pedal for that one tune which made it sound AWESOME so what's another £20 in the long run?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AScheck9 said:

That is IT. It's final. No more new gear EVER.

.... but do tell us when you get a power box rather than use the extension cable, realise that it won't fit on the board so you have to get a new board, but the new one looks empty so that compressor you always had your eye on might actually fit on it this time, and your mate lent you his whammy pedal for that one tune which made it sound AWESOME so what's another £20 in the long run?

A power box isnt an FX pedal. I didnt say no more gear. I said no more pedals. Maybe the odd bass here or there. I dont like whammies, and i have a choice of at least 3 compressors in the zoom. The extension cable is fine. All power supplies ( when unplugged ) and extension lead, when coiled up, all lay in the case. I dont need a power box, as i only have  3 power supplies.  1 power supply does the Boss, 1 power supply does the Zoom, and 1 power supply does all 3 single peddles.

Edited by fleabag
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mar_to_the_t said:

My corner in our rehearsal room. The B/Amp with the HD cabs is my main setup. And man, I love the tone it gives me! In my ears it got even more authority than the mighty DB750😄;) What's missing is my second AE410.

IMG_20190202_142142.thumb.jpg.d49144a2b92a9c5dba49621d70691536.jpg

Very close to my own rig - though many more cabs and options! I use the B Amp into a HD210 or DB750 into the same. Interestingly, l find the latter configuration has the greater authority - all subjective of course!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, three said:

Very close to my own rig - though many more cabs and options! I use the B Amp into a HD210 or DB750 into the same. Interestingly, l find the latter configuration has the greater authority - all subjective of course!

They're close in some way. But when you turn up the master on the DB750 (and on most other amps) , there's a point from which it doesn't get any louder. Only the voicing changes. The B/Amp does not behave this way. It doesn't loose any low end, it simply gets louder. But as you said, all subjective! 

On 06/02/2019 at 17:45, binky_bass said:

Home rig:

Gig rig:

20190130_171253.thumb.jpg.f0979f4cc3894f3eaa2e7eec95fcdbec.jpg

Im not sure if those are 6bs or 8bs, which would give you an imppedance of 3 ohms or 2 ohms depending Does the amp deal with those ok?

Edited by bumnote