Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Simple, straightforward, but still soundin' fab.....ready for a gig at Priory Park, Southend-On-Sea.

Bass Collection 4- and 5-string SB basses

Genz Benz Streamliner 900 amp

Genz Benz Neo X212 cab

Yamaha wireless

Out of sight behind the camera - the pedalboard with Dunlop PSU powering Fender A/B box, Korg Pitchblack tuner, Boss Chorus, Micro POG and MXR Filter pedals.

SD basses & GB rig.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lexii said:

New bass, Reverend Mercalli 4, barefaced super twin, markbass little mark ii. 

IMG_20181025_111234_498.jpg

I've been thinking about getting that exact bass after Christmas ( it looks beautiful), but not a hell of a lot of reviews around. Be great to know your thoughts? I know its a lot of bang for your buck.

Cheers

Edited by danbowskill

32 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

I've been thinking about getting that exact bass after Christmas ( it looks beautiful), but not a hell of a lot of reviews around. Be great to know your thoughts? I know its a lot of bang for your buck.

Cheers

I love it mate, I've been using jazz an p basses but this is definitely a wnner. Does the p bass sound if you roll to thr neck, but sit it in the middle of both and it growls. 

Neck is nice, build quality is excellent and it sits comfortably. I honestly don't have a bad word 

In the old days.. when I gigged (it was that long ago!) it might have looked a bit like this :-

Simon Edward with: - Jaydee Series 2A Supernatural | David Eden WT550 | Trace Elliot GP12XV | 1048 cabinet

Sometimes, when I'm noodling about indoors, it looks quite a lot like this:-

A TC Electronic BH-250; A Phil Jones Bass Compact Piranha; A Jaydee Supernatural Series 2; and a cup of tea...

But mostly these days.. because I don't get out much.. it's just me.. a pre-amp, some effects and a pair of headphones:-

Simon Edward | UK Bassist and composer | InfinityBass.com

• Like 1

I finally got round to picking up a new cab this week, about 7 months after I sold my old one. Definitely not lightweight but it sounds good and cost a hundred quid. Just tarted up the tolex on the cab with black boot polish, should really do the same with the head. Yes, that is a Milhouse sticker on the head.

MVIMG_20181104_191048~2.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2011 at 12:32, Cathode Follower said:

Hi all,

I thought it was about time I signed up to Bass Chat, being a bass player and all. And what better way to make my first post than by sharing my rig with you all.

On the top is my beloved Laney Pro Tube Bass, currently running a quad of vintage Mullards.
Underneath is my 1973 Matamp White 4x12 (one of about 200 made), loaded with Celestion B12Ns.
The bass is my recently completed 'Frankenstein' project - A Warmoth neck mounted on the cheap body from and earlier bass. Pickups are Wizard passives - Area 55's and an Eighty-Four. Hardware is Ibanez.

Enjoy!

[attachment=74236:IMG_2620.JPG]

I can't believe that picture didn't survive the transfer over to the new BC; I honestly think about it all the time :(

On 25/12/2007 at 21:56, Rich said:

The main live rig now looks like this -- it's getting its first major outing on New Year's Eve in Cheltenham:
myrig06-11-07.jpg&key=a294758932bb60e9a7eb21229b5569c96b3fb66e1f53c1f146cbe19ae8d86269
Trantec wireless, Yamaha FX, Focusrite Trakmaster preamp, and Crown XTi-1000 power amp.
The cabs are still the Nemesis 2x10 and 1x15. The first time I cranked it up in my garage, my bike toppled over and a shelf fell off the wall. Mission accomplished. :)

Lol!  Brilliant!

Remember Thud! and Mr Grins?  Wanna pen? Buy a pen for a fiver and get these four beers free!

We had the large room and decided to crank up my fender twin and your 900watt rig.  Poor old Phil didn’t know what hit him and bits fell of the ceiling.  It was LOUD! awesome!

• Haha 1

Funnily enough, I’ve got a gig as a drummer, where I’ve been a bassist forever. Looking forward to the switcheroo. It’ll be temporary, of course. Unless I join drumchat, then develop an insatiable thirst for the ultimate drum tone, buying and selling and fretting over tiny details that no one will notice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

Unless I join drumchat, then develop an insatiable thirst for the ultimate drum tone, buying and selling and fretting over tiny details that no one will notice.

Been there, done that. Always been a gearhead, no matter what instrument I'm playing (guitar/bass/drums)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doomed said:

The magic words were uttered from the other side of the room tonight, "Turn that f^@¥!ng thing down I can't hear my amp..." (OR100) 😊😊🤣🤣20181111_181209.thumb.jpg.16627b594741af010727a9741e72255f.jpg

A Two10 will be sufficient for my needs, but a Four10 would satisfy my dormant competitive urges!

Well done Sir!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:23, doomed said:

The magic words were uttered from the other side of the room tonight, "Turn that f^@¥!ng thing down I can't hear my amp..." (OR100) 😊😊🤣🤣20181111_181209.thumb.jpg.16627b594741af010727a9741e72255f.jpg

Or in other words, 'mission accomplished' :lol: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...