Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

There used to be this naive, overbearing foul-mouthed american girl working for our manager/label who handled our image, artwork etc. She knew nothing about the music industry, or what's cool. anyway she convinced him he looked good looking like that. She used to prattle on about his 'good side' etc She is also responsible for our cr**py image (which is starting to get better now that she has gone and we have more control, a lot of old photos are still flying about though). We still take the piss out of him for it though.lol

It was Jim Wirt. He did the first Hoobastank album, some of the incubus stuff and Something Corporate's albums i think. We used a hollow bodied gibson, came out really well!

I've seen lots of people using Axess over the voodoo stuff. I've no idea how it compares though. Has anyone used their stuff?
Our guitarist has just bought the voodoo lab setup but we havn't tried it yet.

Ed

p.s bassboy115 I like it! The intro to So Sorry is cool, do you use a Jazz live? I found that my jazz doesn't cut through so I only use it for acoustics now :)

Edited by Kaiu

[quote name='Kaiu' post='214603' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:28 PM']There used to be this naive, overbearing foul-mouthed american girl working for our manager/label who handled our image, artwork etc. She knew nothing about the music industry, or what's cool. anyway she convinced him he looked good looking like that. She used to prattle on about his 'good side' etc She is also responsible for our cr**py image (which is starting to get better now that she has gone and we have more control, a lot of old photos are still flying about though). We still take the piss out of him for it though.lol

It was Jim Wirt. He did the first Hoobastank album, some of the incubus stuff and Something Corporate's albums i think. We used a hollow bodied gibson, came out really well!

I've seen lots of people using Axess over the voodoo stuff. I've no idea how it compares though. Has anyone used their stuff?
Our guitarist has just bought the voodoo lab setup but we havn't tried it yet.

Ed

p.s bassboy115 I like it! The intro to So Sorry is cool, do you use a Jazz live? I found that my jazz doesn't cut through so I only use it for acoustics now :)[/quote]That is so cool, being so honest, I was expecting a "f*** you".
Brilliant tone and inspired choice of bass.
Steve.

[quote name='Kaiu' post='214603' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:28 PM']p.s bassboy115 I like it! The intro to So Sorry is cool, do you use a Jazz live? I found that my jazz doesn't cut through so I only use it for acoustics now :)[/quote]

Kool Thanks alot, yeah i use a mexican jazz, i turn the neck PUP haf down as i find it cuts through better but when theyre both full up it doesnt cut through. Im hopein to either get some new PUPs for jazz or a music man SUB but atm i cant afford eithe so...

Really like the album, and your fans, we get loads of these die hard elliot minor fans add us on myspace and they all seem really nice!

Hopefully see you at the buttermarket!

Alex

[quote name='Kaiu' post='215033' date='Jun 8 2008, 06:50 PM']Really smart looking rig you have there. I like the look of simple rigs, matching head and cab.
Behringer tuner looks cool aswell.

I'm guessing she sounds as good as she looks...[/quote]

Ooohhh indeedy........... yes sir.

Here's some photos of my recently completed rig. The cabs are BFM design, built them myself, 1 x omni 10, 2 x omni 10.5, all loaded with Eminence Deltalite II 2510's, no expense spared in getting all top-quality parts for them. Tweeters are wired series/parallel on the O10, and parallel in the 10.5's. Dual locking neutrik jacks on the 10.5's for daisy-chaining, up to the maximum power of 1000 watts at 2 Ohms.

I only intended to make an omni 10, but then I wanted to compare it to a 10.5... after which it seemed such a shame to just leave half a sheet of plywood just sitting there when it could so easily be made into a monstrous bass rig... you know how it goes.

Sitting on top of them is the Phil Jones Bass Buddy, and i got the speaker grille to match the silver of the 'Jones - i think it looks rather good. Off camera there's the power amp used to power the whole thing, but it's shared between this and my studio monitors at the moment.

To the left of the rig is my Bass Collection SB300 in matte pearlescent purplish type colour, and to the right, my 2001 black sparkle stingray 3EQ.

The whole rig is ridiculously loud (just one of the little cabs is fine for most applications), it's got a flattish frequency response across the board, and it doesn't weight that much either. The only problems i'm having are that it's TOO clean! I'm currently looking for some mojo-inducing grot-boxes to liven things up a bit, albeit painfully aware that i;m stretching the boundaries of the talent:gear ratio just a little far as it is...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='216486' date='Jun 10 2008, 11:02 PM']Brilliant! I really like the versatility you have got there with the different cabs and a PJB Bass Buddy, saweeeeet.
What amp are you using? Nice Tingray.[/quote]

Thanks! i'm using a samson servo 550 to power it, just because it's the only amp i had lying around and it sounds good. I need to get one which will accept a 2 ohm load though to run the whole rig from the 'buddy - i have to use it in stereo to utilise the whole rig at the moment. My stingray is lovely, i agree - i think the matching headstocks look great!

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='217116' date='Jun 11 2008, 07:05 PM']hi

here's a pic of my mesa bigblock 750 head with my aguilar DB410 cab........and my lovely frankenstein jazz

hope you like it

sorry about the pic quality.......dam phone cameras!!

:)[/quote]

That looks really nice, the cab looks great! and the jazz well... SWEET!

[quote name='jamesf' post='216412' date='Jun 10 2008, 07:27 PM']Here's some photos of my recently completed rig. The cabs are BFM design, built them myself, 1 x omni 10, 2 x omni 10.5, all loaded with Eminence Deltalite II 2510's, no expense spared in getting all top-quality parts for them. Tweeters are wired series/parallel on the O10, and parallel in the 10.5's. Dual locking neutrik jacks on the 10.5's for daisy-chaining, up to the maximum power of 1000 watts at 2 Ohms.

I only intended to make an omni 10, but then I wanted to compare it to a 10.5... after which it seemed such a shame to just leave half a sheet of plywood just sitting there when it could so easily be made into a monstrous bass rig... you know how it goes.[/quote]

Ahh James! Where's my commision for turning you onto bfm gear eh! And I believe I showed you this place! Good too see ya :)

[quote name='ste_m3' post='217331' date='Jun 12 2008, 01:34 AM']Ahh James! Where's my commision for turning you onto bfm gear eh! And I believe I showed you this place! Good too see ya :)[/quote]

commission? we'll sort that out tomorrow morning :huh: It'll mean i'll have lop-sided HT though... (yes, the BFM's sound clean enough to me to use as home theatre mains). can't wait to have a go at your markbass, it looks tiny!

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='217116' date='Jun 11 2008, 07:05 PM']hi

here's a pic of my mesa bigblock 750 head with my aguilar DB410 cab........and my lovely frankenstein jazz

hope you like it

sorry about the pic quality.......dam phone cameras!!

:)[/quote]

that mesa looks beautiful - i don't think my back could take the strain of the aggie though!! bet it sounds fearsome.

[quote name='jamesf' post='217529' date='Jun 12 2008, 12:29 PM']commission? we'll sort that out tomorrow morning :) It'll mean i'll have lop-sided HT though... (yes, the BFM's sound clean enough to me to use as home theatre mains). can't wait to have a go at your markbass, it looks tiny![/quote]

Just to point out to everyone here, James is one of my music technology teachers and we're having a bass sesh tomorrow morning. luckiest college kid ever? maybe!

[quote name='ste_m3' post='217842' date='Jun 12 2008, 06:45 PM']Just to point out to everyone here, James is one of my music technology teachers and we're having a bass sesh tomorrow morning. luckiest college kid ever? maybe![/quote]Do you go to that Uni where the dude out of "The Lakes" use to study?

[quote name='The Legoheads' post='222675' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:38 AM']Here's my old setup... loved it to bits and it never let me down. Alas, it got too much like hard work carting it to gigs and so I had to sell it on a few months back to a lovely lady from London. I hope she's taking good care of it... :)

Now using a Hughes & Kettner BK300[/quote]

I gigged with a peavey 2x15 and head for a while - I got my rig for free from a band I worked with as they couldn't lift it - the 2x15 was referred to as "the wardrobe"!

Sounded great but way too heavy - I ended up cutting the 2x15 down to a 1x15 and selling the rig for £50.

Andy :huh:

Edited by backwater