Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1337896709' post='1667279']
It took me a while to figure out that the Precision on the left is on a step - it looked like it was just bigger than the others for a while
[/quote]

Yeah our lounge has a really weird layout. Though I would love a really massive 73 Precision - I'd play it like an upright! :lol:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1338497185' post='1675562']
They're well nice to play aren't they! Shame I destroyed the truss rod nut on mine :unsure:
[/quote]

They're not too bad really, I think I may have preferred my old millenium though tbh. Not sure about the truss rod nut, I would probably try seeing if i could turn it with some pliers and get it off there.

[quote name='stinson' timestamp='1338471254' post='1675078']
How does the Streamliner pair up with the Compact? Might go down this route in the near future
[/quote]

Well, its an eye-wateringly expensive little set up but, unless you're looking for Marcus Miller, I think its the perfect match. That pic was for a Motown tribute act, never need any more power and it gives dollops of Motown funk. Ease in some low mids (Streamliner has a 200Hz tweaker) and the definition is something not repeated in other rigs.

For some real bite like that you'll need a tweeter, the Compact doesn't really do bite. But its great, I'm liking it more and more. Just got in from a very noisy rehearsal and used the Compact with a Midget T and, with the grunt of the Streamliner, its a very, very powerful combination and has filled me with enthusiasm - hence this long reply!

If I was Alex I would be looking at building combos with the Streamliner built in, I really think its the perfect combination. If you want bite and it'd need the tweeter.

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1338506854' post='1675745']
Well, its an eye-wateringly expensive little set up but, unless you're looking for Marcus Miller, I think its the perfect match. That pic was for a Motown tribute act, never need any more power and it gives dollops of Motown funk. Ease in some low mids (Streamliner has a 200Hz tweaker) and the definition is something not repeated in other rigs.

For some real bite like that you'll need a tweeter, the Compact doesn't really do bite. But its great, I'm liking it more and more. Just got in from a very noisy rehearsal and used the Compact with a Midget T and, with the grunt of the Streamliner, its a very, very powerful combination and has filled me with enthusiasm - hence this long reply!

If I was Alex I would be looking at building combos with the Streamliner built in, I really think its the perfect combination. If you want bite and it'd need the tweeter.
[/quote]

Cheers, Streamliner it is then!

[quote name='stinson' timestamp='1338546798' post='1676051']
Cheers, Streamliner it is then!
[/quote]

This will be end of the ad (seeing as I had to pay full price!) but I read the thing on here about the Thumpinator. Very impressive as I've seen my cones flail around like that in the past. I also read that the Streamliner has a high pass filter similar to this built in so I asked Jeff Genzler if this was the case who said [i]"Thank you for your purchase. I’m sure the Streamliner will sound great with the Barefaced cabs. Yes, the Streamliner does have HPF circuitry in it design and the Thumpinator will be redundant. I hope this information is helpful." [/i]

Watching my cones during the noise last night they could barely be detected to be moving at all clearly it has this feature and it works. Saved me £100.

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1338596595' post='1677148']
Can I ask what you are running on the ipad and macbook?
[/quote]

iPad has charts on it, MacBook has set list & patch numbers on it but I primarily there as a back up for the sampling & click track on mainstage incase the drummers fails. There's a mbox that goes to behind the drummer but wasn't set up yet.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1338598917' post='1677162']
iPad has charts on it, MacBook has set list & patch numbers on it but I primarily there as a back up for the sampling & click track on mainstage incase the drummers fails. There's a mbox that goes to behind the drummer but wasn't set up yet.
[/quote]

Would it be cynical of me to suggest the most visual function being provided by the laptop here could be replaced by a piece of paper?

Great to see a Moog, this is mainly for creating your own sounds rather than merely calling up sampled presets? (Not being cynical here, just a simple bass player!)

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1338619622' post='1677206']
Would it be cynical of me to suggest the most visual function being provided by the laptop here could be replaced by a piece of paper?

Great to see a Moog, this is mainly for creating your own sounds rather than merely calling up sampled presets? (Not being cynical here, just a simple bass player!)
[/quote]

:lol: it wouldn't be cynical at all but as the laptop has to be there anyway it's a lot easier to see the laptop screen when the light engineer decides to black out before the next tune.

As for the Moog, i'm playing for a Michael Jackson tribute tour, use it on 10 tracks. it only came thursday morning, managed to get 4 patches created before show time thursday night & last night. Then used the oscillators to do hand adjustments during the show per tune.

Going to spend the weekend sorting out the rest.

Edited by JakeBrownBass

Just got in from tweaking my setup -

[IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/paul_510/Rig2.jpg[/IMG]

Hartke LH500 with a dBx 1066 into a newly rack-mounted DHA VT1EQ in the FX loop - clean valve channel and a filthy valve channel. Lovely.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1338930732' post='1681396']
That's what I hate about bass amps- you want to show them off and put them through their paces at gigs but you always end up having to use whatever crap is at the venue lol.
[/quote]

Luckily sound guys always let me use the DI on my head :D

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1338930732' post='1681396']
That's what I hate about bass amps- you want to show them off and put them through their paces at gigs but you always end up having to use whatever crap is at the venue lol.
[/quote]

I always carry my favourite DI, an A Designs Reddi, just in case...

I currently play a MIM Jazz into a Hartke HA3500 head and a Peavey 2x15" cab. I also use an old Russian Big Muff pedal at all times...it belonged to my friend and was completely broken, I wired it all back together and now it just about works and sounds cool!

The bass is the only piece of gear I payed for myself, the rest has been bought on my behalf by the band I play in. Ideally I'd be playing through an Ampeg SVT and an Orange 1x15 + 4x10 stack.

Edited by Minty