Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1340788730' post='1709496']
I'm tempted to ask... Butt i won't...
[/quote]

Go ahead... don't be shy (Mr Venom certainly isn't!)

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1340790475' post='1709530']
I will - Is that a Line-6 over there?
[/quote]

Didn't realise until after I'd posted it, that the massive headstock of the Yamaha totally obscures most of the rack, so from the top down:
Line 6 Bass Pod XT Pro
Peterson Stroborack
Tech Soundsystems Black Cat amp.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1340791135' post='1709549']
That pic puts me in mind of the back cover of Ummagumma... :lol:

But looking at it today, it doesn't seem to be that much gear really, does it? At the time this amount of gear astounded me! :o Nice lamp, by the way. ;)
[/quote]

Aint seen that for years, seems to be a lot less gear than I remember. Like I would have sworn that there was a whole Wem Festival PA on there as well.

Edited by BRANCINI

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1340791135' post='1709549']

That pic puts me in mind of the back cover of Ummagumma... :lol:

But looking at it today, it doesn't seem to be that much gear really, does it? At the time this amount of gear astounded me! :o Nice lamp, by the way. ;)
[/quote]

I prefer Einstürzende Neubauten's take on it:

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='BRANCINI' timestamp='1340915934' post='1711604']
Aint seen that for years, seems to be a lot less gear than I remember. Like I would have sworn that there was a whole Wem Festival PA on there as well.
[/quote]

Yup, there it is, those two columns on each side at the back!

Mr current setup, taken at last nights gig.
SWR Working Pro 700
Aguilar GS112x2
Status S3000
Audio Technica Wireless.

Pedal board consists of.
Boss GT10B
Fishman Fission, into Marshall Jackhammer
TC Electronic Nova Compressor

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1341210366' post='1715054']
This is my current rig, which doesn't see action outside the flat these days :(

Fender MIM Precision with a Wizard Thumper, straight into an Ashdown EVO II ABM 300, with an Ashdown ABM 210T. I love it!
[/quote]

Sweet setup! Has someone sanded off the Fender logo though? :blink:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1341211157' post='1715060']

Sweet setup! Has someone sanded off the Fender logo though? :blink:
[/quote]

That would've been me! I've always loved the look of blank headstocks, and I remember I'd been doing something else and so had a wee bit of sandpaper in my hand and before I knew it I'd taken half the bloody thing off :D It's by no means a pro job, I managed to go through to the bare wood in some places and because the laquer's been sun-stained over time there's a "ghost" logo, when I have time I'll probably properly sand and then re-laquer the headstock, but it's definitely a keeper and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1340964918' post='1712063']
EDDIE! That looks nice. My friend has one of those super 12s. They're supposed to be really good.
[/quote]

Yeah man. The Super 12 is out of this world. I used to have two Orange OBC115's with me onstage, which I loved, and the Super 12 manages to be even louder. And it's not only about how loud it is, it's the way it spreads the sound around the room. It happened a couple of times when I stepped out of the stage for a friend to play bass in some songs and I was sooooooo pleased with the way the bass was sounding. No PA support cutting through a loud rock band. It's like having your own little bass PA, hehe! I still rate the OBC115's among the best cabs out there, but you can't beat the fact that you can sound just as good (probably better) with something that weights almost half the weight of just one of them and has such a clever form factor.

Alex, from Barefaced, told me that the more power you throw at it the better it sounds. I think they are rated at 1200 watts, right? I've been using mine with the Ashdown 550 Spyder and it sounds huge. I can't even imagine how bad ass it would be with a even more powerful amp. And you valve amp fans out there should give the 550 Spyder a try. In my experience with hybrid amps, which consists of Ampeg SVTIII, Ashdown ABM 500 and Orange TB500, this is the closest you can get in terms of sound and feel to an all valve head. I also used a VT Bass with a properly good power amp for a long time and I prefer the Spyder to it. Great piece of kit.

[quote name='electric nate' timestamp='1341766136' post='1723779']
[attachment=112539:IMAG0243.jpg]
Here's my current rig. The only thing I dislike about it is the sheer weight of that QSC power amp. The rack box weighs more than the cab and the bass combined!
[/quote]

Delicious! is the ENGL pre originally intended for guitar?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1341799393' post='1724334']
Delicious! is the ENGL pre originally intended for guitar?
[/quote]
Yes, the Engl is a guitar pre. It's not bad for bass at all but it's pretty un-subtle and obviously rather a lot of tweaking and messing about is required to keep it from sounding too 'fizzy'. What you can't see from that photograph is that there's a Boss LS2 line selector pedal tucked in the back of the rack blending a clean signal with the output of the Engl and then that blended signal goes into the Avalon. When I can afford it, I'd like to add a compressor so I can squash the clean signal a bit to match the sustain of the dirty signal and catch a few peaks when my picking gets a little too enthusiastic :) . Essentially I was trying to recreate the sound of running a bass amp and a guitar amp together which sounds HUGE but is quite a pain in the arse to take to gigs. I'll post some sound samples later if I get a chance.

Here's an idea of some of the nice dirt I can get from my rig:

https://www.box.com/s/3441db0fc45215020362 (raw recording straight from the U5)

https://www.box.com/s/3725931be7b43d5b492f (with some compression and limiting added after the recording)

I was going to record some clean fingerstyle and all sorts of other lovely things but I ran out of time so it's just metal for now \m/

[quote name='electric nate' timestamp='1341858983' post='1725296']
Here's an idea of some of the nice dirt I can get from my rig:

[url="https://www.box.com/s/3441db0fc45215020362"]https://www.box.com/...b0fc45215020362[/url] (raw recording straight from the U5)

[url="https://www.box.com/s/3725931be7b43d5b492f"]https://www.box.com/...31be7b43d5b492f[/url] (with some compression and limiting added after the recording)

I was going to record some clean fingerstyle and all sorts of other lovely things but I ran out of time so it's just metal for now \m/
[/quote]

Sounds really cool actually! I can see what you mean about it sounding a little 'fizzy', but that really works if done right! Have you tried cutting out the mids from the clean track and boosting them on the distorted one?