Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Pretty much my current setup.
Fender/Squier Custom 70's TB ran through EHX BassBalls Nano & Pigtronix Mothership and powered by Sunn SB160. I use my Fender P-Bass and Peavey T-40 as well, of course, but right now that's my favourite setup :D

Currently using my trusty old TE V-type 300H & a recently acquired Barefaced Compact :)

[IMG]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476/nickonbass69/Odds%20and%20Sods/loudcab012.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Minty' timestamp='1339160873' post='1684614']
The bass is the only piece of gear I payed for myself, the rest has been bought on my behalf by the band I play in.[/quote]

That was very nice of them! I can't imagine my current band doing that for me! :lol:

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1339947947' post='1696605']
May affectionately nicknamed "ghetto rig"

HH IC100-L (though would rather it was just a IC100)
homemade cab with a 15" 1400w car sub

Bassy as hell, but I like it.

[attachment=110659:photo(3).JPG]
[/quote]

Bet that would be cool for reggae-type stuff. :)

A genre I've never really tried playing. Not because I don't like it, just never really had the chance. Another thing I'd like to try it with is hiphop. However, it currently gets used for rock, jazz and funk. I do plan to build a couple more cabs to add to it in the future mind. The build process is quite fun.

One notable thing about this that isn't visible from the pic but people usually like the novelty.

When building it, the soldering iron I ordered failed to arrive. However, the driver has the little spring loaded, locking socket things on most stereos. As a substitute until said soldering iron arrived, I bought a speaker lead (jack to jack), cut it in half and attached it. So that instead of having a cab with a socket, I had a cab with it's own lead. The soldering iron eventually arrived, but I quite like it have a built in fly lead, and the idea's stuck.

[quote name='Dodfather' timestamp='1339947721' post='1696601']

Getting the urge to add a Precision at some point as well, although got a few pedals to get my hands on first!
[/quote]
If I'd need a second complete rig, I'd pretty much print this picture, take it to the guitar shop and wave it in the air, screaming. :D

Part of the story, the most exciting part:

Marshall JCM 800 bass series head from 1980 or 1981 and an Ampeg V-2 4x12. I believe the cab is early 70s. It weighs so much. It takes 3 full grown men to get it up or down the stairs to our practice room.

Edited by subsong

[quote name='subsong' timestamp='1340007571' post='1697366']
Part of the story, the most exciting part:

Marshall JCM 800 bass series head from 1980 or 1981 and an Ampeg V-2 4x12. I believe the cab is early 70s. It weighs so much. It takes 3 full grown men to get it up or down the stairs to our practice room.
[/quote]That is the coolest rig ever posted on here, seriously.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1340786613' post='1709453']
I can't believe that I haven't posted in this thread already....

Here's my smaller gig rig in action:

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/BigRedX/555915_10151049961140610_371189078_n.jpg[/IMG]

(BTW not the Ampeg fridge)
[/quote]

I'm tempted to ask... Butt i won't...

[quote name='D-L-B' timestamp='1340785792' post='1709443']
Just some of it...[/quote]

That pic puts me in mind of the back cover of Ummagumma... :lol:

But looking at it today, it doesn't seem to be that much gear really, does it? At the time this amount of gear astounded me! :o Nice lamp, by the way. ;)

Edited by discreet