Jump to content
ped

Show us your rig!

Recommended Posts

EAA62132-69DB-4C79-BC02-B07D48F41E75.thumb.jpeg.9307d9fca65defff317c6f79fe3c0d84.jpeg

B-amp with HD112 cabs & Spector Shorty strung with labella black tapes 👌

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.3.2018 at 15:30, only4 said:

Nice setup, how do you find the 210 with the b-amp?

Thanks! I love it so far. Mostly I combine it with a HD112 to get the "322" stack. Sounds just amazing. But the HD210 alone pumps out a lot of bass which you wouldn't expect from such a small 2x10 cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.3.2018 at 15:30, only4 said:

Nice setup, how do you find the 210 with the b-amp?

Thanks! I love it so far. Mostly I combine it with a HD112 to get the "322" stack. Sounds just amazing. But the HD210 alone pumps out a lot of bass which you wouldn't expect from such a small 2x10 cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.3.2018 at 15:30, only4 said:

Nice setup, how do you find the 210 with the b-amp?

Thanks! I love it so far. Mostly I combine it with a HD112 to get the "322" stack. Sounds just amazing. But the HD210 alone pumps out a lot of bass which you wouldn't expect from such a small 2x10 cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mar_to_the_t said:

Thanks! I love it so far. Mostly I combine it with a HD112 to get the "322" stack. Sounds just amazing. But the HD210 alone pumps out a lot of bass which you wouldn't expect from such a small 2x10 cab.

Interesting you mention the HD112/HD210 combo, I’m still toying with getting the 210 but am not sure if it will be better than what I have already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, only4 said:

Interesting you mention the HD112/HD210 combo, I’m still toying with getting the 210 but am not sure if it will be better than what I have already?

I haven't had a chance to play the 2x HD112 stack but the 112/210 combo will definitely sound very different. I like to combine 12" with 10" speakers, I have the impression the frequency spectrum gets some kind of "wider" and the mids get stronger. I like to play a stack of a HD112 and a Epifani 110 too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night's little experiment.  My 2 x BF One10s have been joined by a Two10.

BFrig01.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, obbm said:

Last night's little experiment.  My 2 x BF One10s have been joined by a Two10.

BFrig01.jpg

Modular 4x10 - nice! Is that the 500 or 800 sitting atop?

I have the little 350 and 2x One10s but thinking of getting a head with more oomph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

Modular 4x10 - nice! Is that the 500 or 800 sitting atop?

I have the little 350 and 2x One10s but thinking of getting a head with more oomph.

It's a 500.  There have been lots of horror stories about these but this one seems to work fine although I've only done 2 rehearsals and one gig with it.  Time will tell.  Much prefer it to the LM2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, obbm said:

It's a 500.  There have been lots of horror stories about these but this one seems to work fine although I've only done 2 rehearsals and one gig with it.  Time will tell.  Much prefer it to the LM2.

Must be one of the more reliable ones then :D. Only kidding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, E sharp said:

Picture of tonight's gig (well technically last night's gig) .

Anyone mention heft? He he .

 

Rig.jpg

Love the look of that bass. What neck is on it?

I’m guessing the tape is to stop string/pole piece contact clicks noises? I did the same with a P bass til I got some completely enclosed covers.

Love that bass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Love the look of that bass. What neck is on it?

I’m guessing the tape is to stop string/pole piece contact clicks noises? I did the same with a P bass til I got some completely enclosed covers.

Love that bass!

Thanks mate .

The bass , I've had for around 27 yrs , and is a bit of a mix and match .

Guy I bought it off , had a fretted and fretless , but the fretted sold . This green one was fretless , and had to find someone to fret it .

I was told , that he took all the hardware off two stingrays , and sold the bodies and necks , then got Roger Giffin to make the bodies . Then paid £500 a pop for each Modulus Quantum graphite neck from the States , and then got Giffin to assemble them . I think it may be 35" . The back however is pretty beat up - finish wise .

It is unique , and even though I've gone into double figures with the collection over the years , it's the only bass (bar around 4 or 5 gigs) , that I've gigged . Done everything from function stuff to rock .

When you've got a keeper , I think you know .

The tape is for , as you had - stop the pops . Just did it at the gig , as I'd raised the pickup to act as a sort of ramp , so I could play a bit softer , and it'd make the 3 fingered gallop easier - worked a treat

Edited by E sharp
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My new setup.

Markbass Little Marcus 800 and a Standard 102HF Limited Edition :)

40627778365_aa4a023002_b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a very impressive bass it is, too!

Edited by Jus Lukin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's mine:

L-R: Spector Coda 5 pro, Fender MIM jazz with badass 2 bridge, Bass Collection power bass. 

Amplification comes from Fender Rumble V3 500 combo and Ampeg pf-115LF extension cab (if the gig call for it) 

I'm currently looking at a head for the 15 as I quite like the sound of a 15 on its own with a jazz bass. 

IMG_20180422_165657_375.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...