Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='113019' date='Jan 3 2008, 04:33 PM']Heres some pics of my kit. Firstly, my Ashdown Evo 500 4x10 Combo that I split into separates. Best thing I ever did!!! Heaviest amp Ive ever owned. Ive also included a pic of my pedal board as she stands, I am awaiting 1)MXR Flanger and 2) DHA Compressor + the delay is for sale. Last but not least my sleek and lovely ladies... my stunning Warwick and Stingray mmmmmmm I love them![/quote]

Nice equipment there! What do you think to the 4x10 Ashdown setup? Also ive been considering buying a Blowtorch, what are they like? Worth the dosh, cause im really tempted!

Rich

[quote name='tombboy' post='125488' date='Jan 22 2008, 03:09 PM']Sorry Dood, I just can't stop giggling at the sight of the F1 atop the 610.
I suppose most other people laugh too... until you switch on, then it's over![/quote]

[quote name='nash' post='125489' date='Jan 22 2008, 03:11 PM']i wanna try that 6x10!!![/quote]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='125534' date='Jan 22 2008, 04:11 PM']I have to admit Dood, that could so easily be mistaken for a full size amp sitting on top of a 6x18! :)[/quote]

Guys... I totally agree!! Something just doesnt look right does it? LOL LOL - Its kinda like looking at a Mini with a trailor from an articulated lorry strapped on the back! I was packing up the other night and laid my folder of paperwork down behind me. Then I couldnt find my amp!!! It took me a moment or so to twig that it was under the folder!!!!

[quote name='dood' post='125542' date='Jan 22 2008, 04:25 PM']Guys... I totally agree!! Something just doesnt look right does it? LOL LOL - Its kinda like looking at a Mini with a trailor from an articulated lorry strapped on the back! I was packing up the other night and laid my folder of paperwork down behind me. Then I couldnt find my amp!!! It took me a moment or so to twig that it was under the folder!!!![/quote]

:) :huh: ;) superb!!

[quote name='Bassmurf' post='126036' date='Jan 23 2008, 12:40 PM']

Here's my current (budget!) set-up.

Will be replacing bridge on bass, getting the 1x15 Ashdown cab to match, DHA VT-1 (when I get paid) and am tinkering with the idea of getting the Hamer Chapparal 12 string![/quote]

whats the ibanez like?

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='110386' date='Dec 28 2007, 10:46 PM']My current rig, although it'll all be up for sale pretty soon.

Already replaced the Ampeg SVT III Pro with an EBS TD650, and replacing both SWR Goliath II 4 x 10s soon too.

[attachment=4358:Current_rig.jpg][/quote]
Thunderthumbs - do you still have the SWR cabs?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='126080' date='Jan 23 2008, 01:45 PM']My rig doesn't look as cool as everyone else's, but, i'm sure it sounds as good :)

[/quote]

i used to own that exact peavey combo, in fact i still had it when i first owned my current rig. and i can say without a shadow of doubt that although it sounds great, it doesn't sound anywhere [i]near[/i] as good as what i've got now! :huh: ;)

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='126472' date='Jan 23 2008, 09:45 PM']i used to own that exact peavey combo, in fact i still had it when i first owned my current rig. and i can say without a shadow of doubt that although it sounds great, it doesn't sound anywhere [i]near[/i] as good as what i've got now! :) :huh:[/quote]

You should have tried using it's crossover outputs!

[quote name='dood' post='124931' date='Jan 21 2008, 07:13 PM']*FANFARE* Just taken delivery of a Mark Bass F1 ;o) . I have a rack mount kit on its way, so will be putting it in a rack case with my TC Gforce. Nothing else! The amp, as you can see is sat upon an Epifani UL-610.

Now, can I just take a few moments to dispell any myths. INCLUDING some preconceived views (yeh, mine too) on what this amp may sound like. I am the first to admit that MarkBass and I did not start off on the right foot. I tried a few MB rigs and just couldnt get on with the sound. I later found, much like Ampeg, all MB cabs have a 'tone' to them.. Sadly a tone I don't like. Now the Epifani does have it's own tone too.. infact, most cabs do in one way or another.. maybe the Epi is just less intrusive.

So, anyway.. I thought there is NO WAY that such a small box can keep up with a LOUD band in a studio live room (yep.. a noisey environment). I can catagorically confirm this amp is tastefully LOUD LOUD LOUD.. and very HiFi clean too ;o)

[edit] for info, it's 500W RMS into 4 Ohms

I discovered the VLE andd VPF controls to be uber useful. I have renamed them to 'The Ampeg Control' - sounds a bit like a Sansamp when you go too far with them.. I suspect that was the idea!

I may keep the 2k powersoft amp to use should I need to play the odd stadium with a set of 8x10's, but I am surprised and excited to say I may have finally arrived wih my gear. I shudder to think how much I have spent over the years, I really do.

Oh.. and the F1 has a pair of purpley blue LEDs ;o)

[attachment=5094:Gear020.JPG]

I must just say a big thankx to ma man Deano at The Bass Centre for being bl**dy brilliant and sorting me out with new toys AGAIN. I'll write a decent review when I get round to it![/quote]

How would you describe the sound of the head, I was reading the bassplayer magazine review last night, and they were waffling on about it having a "buttery sounding preamp, with toothsome mids, and a smooth syrupy top", sounds like they're describing a cake.

[quote name='ped' post='127186' date='Jan 24 2008, 07:00 PM']They look the biz mate - how are you getting on with the Lakland?[/quote]

Really well actually! I must admit the 35" was a bit daunting at first but thats not an issue anymore. Really versatile bass. Only problem at the moment is that i havnt been able to set her up exactly as id like, but i think its just a matter of sitting down and tweaking. i really havnt had the time!

Decided that after ive got a decent head thats it for bass gear for at least 6 months!

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='127130' date='Jan 24 2008, 05:52 PM']How would you describe the sound of the head, I was reading the bassplayer magazine review last night, and they were waffling on about it having a "buttery sounding preamp, with toothsome mids, and a smooth syrupy top", sounds like they're describing a cake.[/quote]

I just had a slice of mine with a cup of tea. Nyum nyum.

I can see where they are coming from with the description above, as it is easy to get the 'butter'. Probably the first amp that I have owned that did it really. Its like a smooth upper middle sound, when using the VLE and VPF controls. As opposed to VPL which is something entirely different. However whop those 2 controls down to zero and I think the amo is in Epifani/EBS territory. Pristine and crystal clear. I have renamed the VPF to 'The Ampeg Control', as it seems to do a good impression of my SVT as you advance round, especially with a bit of external dirt added. Too far round and you have a really deep scoop with boosted lows and highs. Seems like the right bit of middle gets scooped out too.

One word that I do agree with though, is PUNCHY. Last night I disconnected my multicomp compressor. It hasnt got near the rack yet lol. The amp really will kick, not unlike my powersoft poweramp.. and that is 1K RMS a side!

[quote name='ste_m3' post='127182' date='Jan 24 2008, 06:51 PM']Well! Another new'un. i Really, no, [b][i]Reallllly[/i][/b] Like these cabs. Really ballsy tone. Id planned to replace the ashdown straight away but unfortunatly funds didnt allow. The ashdown dosnt sound half bad though i must admit!

enjoy!

[/quote]
is that my old 55-02?

DR BASS cab on its way!!!

[attachment=5203:DSCF0044.JPG]

DI'ed it mono post effects and eq into Ableton live and it sounds amazing. The best i have ever heard my bass sound!!!
Got the case from daflewis on here, top bloke to deal with. Really protects my gear well.

Edited by BassBalls