Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Thanks Al, appreciate the good words!

Are you down south anytime soon? I'm thinking we are overdue a pint!

Ill let you know next time I'm up your way too, was In manchester a few weeks ago but next time I'm up near preston ill let you know mate!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='113791' date='Jan 4 2008, 10:10 PM']Very nice Luke, me likey lots. The UL310 is a superb cab, the rest of it ain't too shabby either mate. :)[/quote]

Some nice rigs here, indeed. I particularily like the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10285&view=findpost&p=109449"]AccuGroove rig of 6stringbassist[/url] - is that two Tri-115L cabs? Nice....

Here's mine, this is an older photo but it remains the same. One Eden WT800 amp and two AccuGroove Tri-112L cabs. Usually placed on top of the speaker flight case, makes it look as big as it sounds. :)

My rig consists of:
Bass -> Aphex Bass Xciter pedal -> Hartke 3500 -> Hartke pro 2200 2x12"

It's a GAS killer whenever I plug into it. Might be tempted to trade up to the new [url="http://www.soundtech.co.uk/hartke/hydrive/cabinets"]Hartke HyDrive[/url] range depending on what it sounds like.

[quote name='elros' post='113920' date='Jan 5 2008, 09:54 AM']Some nice rigs here, indeed. I particularily like the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10285&view=findpost&p=109449"]AccuGroove rig of 6stringbassist[/url] - is that two Tri-115L cabs? Nice....

Here's mine, this is an older photo but it remains the same. One Eden WT800 amp and two AccuGroove Tri-112L cabs. Usually placed on top of the speaker flight case, makes it look as big as it sounds. :)
[/quote]

Hi thanks, they're tri112s, turned on their sides so they stack better, I think the new ones are like that anyway.

That is a fantastic looking set-up that you've got, what bass is that in the photo, it looks really cool .

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='113994' date='Jan 5 2008, 12:31 PM']That is a fantastic looking set-up that you've got, what bass is that in the photo, it looks really cool .[/quote]

it's a Surine bass if i'm not mistaken?

[url="http://www.surinebasses.com/"]http://www.surinebasses.com/[/url]

Nice rig there peted, nice to see some more Hartke love on here!

The ONLY reason I ditched my hartke 410XL for the Epifani is because of weight, and ill be keeping a close eye on the new Hartke HyDrive stuff when it comes out over here. If it sounds like a 410XL but weighs sod all I might be tempted to sell the Epifani!

@ Ped:

I've had the warwick stage one for a few months now, did I not tell you about it?

I traded my P bass for it as it didn't get any playtime - and I don't regret it, the stage one is a real versatile beast! Its very modern sounding in places but it does a very good impression of a p bass and a jazz bass - its loaded with EMG's and an Aguilar 2 band pre, which is very powerful.

The Epifani hasn't disappointed me yet - spent a while tweaking my patches and at low volume it soundshuge. I'm in the studio next thursday so ill give it a proper bashing at volume.

I think that's it now. Difficult to top this - quality components, not too heavy and silly loud and I mean silly loud. It also sounds absolutely stunning. Apologies for my photos - lousy light and a bad attitude. The only decent pic (close up of the amp/preamp) courtesy of my mate Flanker.

EBS Classic Preamp V1
QSC PLX2 3102
Epifani NYC212

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='114883' date='Jan 6 2008, 07:05 PM']I think that's it now. Difficult to top this - quality components, not too heavy and silly loud and I mean silly loud. It also sounds absolutely stunning. Apologies for my photos - lousy light and a bad attitude. The only decent pic (close up of the amp/preamp) courtesy of my mate Flanker.

EBS Classic Preamp V1
QSC PLX2 3102
Epifani NYC212[/quote]

Whoa Al, That's some rig you've ended up with...

congrats

P

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='114883' date='Jan 6 2008, 07:05 PM']I think that's it now. Difficult to top this - quality components, not too heavy and silly loud and I mean silly loud. It also sounds absolutely stunning. Apologies for my photos - lousy light and a bad attitude. The only decent pic (close up of the amp/preamp) courtesy of my mate Flanker.

EBS Classic Preamp V1
QSC PLX2 3102
Epifani NYC212

[/quote]

Nice one Al. So that's where the 212NYC is now. That is a stonking cab although a bit heavy. Walbassist and I tested that side by side with my two 1x12s. That cab is soooo deep.

EBS Classic Preamp V1
QSC PLX2 3102
Epifani NYC212

[/quote]

STONKING setup you have there Al me old mucker!

3100 Watts from that poweramp - no wonder it is silly loud! Ive got the QSC PLX 2402 at 2400 Watts bridged and that is just ridiculously loud so I bet yours can knock a small child over at 100 paces!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='114918' date='Jan 6 2008, 07:52 PM']Sparky, I like it ![/quote]
:) cheers steve mate! ya, i saw you were selling the 4.5 and now you're not?! what's the story?! 700W too much for the one cab? the one cab too much for the one flight of stairs?! teehee - eek!

[quote name='obbm' post='114922' date='Jan 6 2008, 07:57 PM']Nice one Al. So that's where the 212NYC is now. That is a stonking cab although a bit heavy. Walbassist and I tested that side by side with my two 1x12s. That cab is soooo deep.[/quote]

Dave - can you make me a 2ft cable to connect the pre to the power please - I'll post you a cheque tomorrow. Thanks.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='115013' date='Jan 6 2008, 09:38 PM']Thanks a lot fellas - I really appreciate the kind comments. I honestly feel like I've arrived rig-wise. It's all a bit heavier than I'm used to but I can manage lifting the cab in and out of the car on my own. The pain is worth it for the sonic benefits. :)[/quote]

NO CHUFFIN WAY!!!!!!!!! Can't believe you managed to wangle the EBS out of Flanker!! gutted mate!!!! Thats one preamp I'd love to own..

oh well.. I guess if there is even the slightest chance you change your mind.. you know where I am!!!!! I would sell gear if one of those came up second hand. I don't think they are worth the new price.. but they are stunningly good!!!!

Congrats mate.. I have played through Flanker's EBS/QSC/Epifani combo at a bass bash and it was stunning.