Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

18 minutes ago, Mikey D said:

How much for the Sheehan man? Hook a brother up for one hit of seafoam.

I love these basses. They suggest a style I don't play in although I'm sure they're very versatile really.

Billy was actually the original reaoen before Gary Willis I started playing with 3 fingers.

Not sure what they go for these days. Very versatile basses and I’ve seen some covert them to 5 string due to the 45mm nut. I got that image from Reverb so, will check prices as I’m now curious. Lol 😂 I changed to three fingers for that reason too. 

Edited by andy67

On 22/12/2021 at 20:41, Steve Soar said:

No mate, I need a front end, preamp or pedal. Any suggestions?

These are supposed to be unbelievable value for the money. Pre amp pedal of choice, then into this (in case the pedal won’t drive a power amp as some don’t). 

Like lots of stuff, when you get into separates, it’s all down to taste. 

809DA052-69FB-4A9E-899A-99B611134060.webp

• Like 1

Sound reinforcement used on acoustic evenings with 3 or 4 guitars, mandolin, Bodhran, and vocals with no amps or mics.

My Fender Kingman just got lost so I followed @Phil Starr House Jam Micro 6 ins cab and built a

F**der IMP  🤣

20220111_145755.thumb.jpg.58d4639ef888284ac0e3a21c973842c4.jpg

Edited by JohnDaBass
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Doing a fair amount of pit work I had tired of lumping my surprisingly  large footprint Aggie db112s into very cramped pits. So for shows and rehearsals I jumped at an end of line db elbee cab. I was running it with a little mark tube. About the same time our singer moved house and kindly converted the garage into a rehearsal studio. He was tired of the ritual having to set everything back up again after gigs, so ordered another elbee. What he hadn’t realised was you need an amp, so after telling him I’d sort it he ignored me, I turned up to rehearsal and there was a veyron. So, my beater Sire bass, two bargain cabs and amp which keep up with a 5 piece horn section and percussionist as well as standard rhythm section. Probably costs less than a grand all in and sounds ace. 

E66E32BA-3B07-452B-BB61-5381C4CC2F28.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

So I swapped out the Ampeg PF800 for a Mark Bass Little Marcus 1000. I don't know why I bother moving away from anything other than Mark Bass heads as I always gravitate back towards them. 

FFD2D739-5B74-4972-803E-2F32663A5D0C.jpeg

I'm quite tempted to go back to MarkBass and quite fancy giving either a Little Mark Vintage D2 or the Little Mark Tube a go. I did try the Marcus once and I was really impressed with it.

9 hours ago, Linus27 said:

I'm quite tempted to go back to MarkBass and quite fancy giving either a Little Mark Vintage D2 or the Little Mark Tube a go. I did try the Marcus once and I was really impressed with it.

I had a Tube 800 for years and loved it. It finally gave up the ghost a while back but I'd get one again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

So I swapped out the Ampeg PF800 for a Mark Bass Little Marcus 1000. I don't know why I bother moving away from anything other than Mark Bass heads as I always gravitate back towards them. 

FFD2D739-5B74-4972-803E-2F32663A5D0C.jpeg

I've always been curious about those Marcus heads. I have recently bought a Little Mark Tube and I love the sound. I'm really really happy with the head.

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

@lee650 has the Spector now…

Gutted really, but I know he loves it.

The Sabre is an absolute knockout, and I dare say, more suited to me than the Spector.

I’m going to get a Spector soon, once my flat has sold. I have a gorgeous Stingray much like Cliff Williams from AC/DC, they are road worthy instruments and bomb proof! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For full signal chain description check my profile :

https://www.basschat.co.uk/profile/50585-baloney-balderdash/?tab=field_core_pfield_1

A-A-Mikro-Bass-120921-Take-35-11-66699-s

Ibanez Mikro Bass, which I name "Dud Bottomfeeder"

Bass-Pedal-Board-020322-smaller.jpg

TC Electronic SpectraComp - TC Electronic Sub'N'Up Mini - Boss LS-2 - Joyo Orange Juice - Boss LS-2 - Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz - Mosky Black Rat - Monarch MFL-22 Stereo Flanger - Joyo Orange Juice - Boss MT-2 Metal Zone - Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser - Boss TR-2 Tremolo - TC Electronic Shaker Mini - Artec SE-EQ8 Graphic Eq -  Zoom G1Xon - NUX Tape Core Deluxe - Danelectro FAB Metal - NUX Tape Core Deluxe - Zoom MS-70CDR - EHX Black Finger - ART Tube MP Project Series

Bass-PA-020322-smaller-Take-666.jpg

4 string 28,6" scale Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass (equipped with an EMG Geezer Butler P pickup, wired directly to the output jack socket, and strung with gauge .080 - .060 - .045 - .034 D'Addario XL nickle plated roundwound hex steel core strings, tuned in G standard tuning, 3 half steps above regular 4 string bass E standard tuning) + The Box Pyrit 10A (250W active full range PA speaker with 1x 10" woofer/mids driver + 1.4" high frequency tweeter horn, just 30.5 lbs)

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

2022's rig!

X2 markbass traveller 210 cabs (Italian made)

Head unit consists of:

X1 markbass big bang 500 (spare).

X1 markbass littlemark 3.

X1 sansamp bass driver v2.

X1 boss w50 wireless unit.

X1 pedaltrain space saving tuner.

X1 shelf drawer for cables etc.

X1 4 way ext lead.

All pre wired, so just one plug to plug in. The head unit box is a modified tool box I got from b and q.

So lightweight. The cabs can be carried one in each hand, as can the head unit.

The boss unit searches for the best signal itself, so no hassle searching for the best frequency.

The wireless unit goes into the sansamp, where I send a di signal from to FOH, and the OUT goes to my lm3 for stage monitoring.

It's also SO SO loud. I genuinely cant believe how loud it is. It must be to do with having the top cab up high. I literally have the gain on 9oclock and master at 8oclock and it's super loud even then.

20220307_172110.jpg

Edited by la bam
  • Like 2