Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

3 minutes ago, M@23 said:

@AndyTravis matching cabs and basses are undeniably cool. You still enjoying the 212? Making me miss mine, keep seeing it. 

Yeah, it’s like a bottomless pit for volume - warmth and clarity in buckets.

just listening back to rehearsal from last night and while the sound in the room itself was odd, the playback is the best sound I’ve had in years.

Typically - a passive bass straight into a nice amp…no pedals or gadgets in between.

No criticism for people who do that - but with an FX heavy guitarist, this seems to work - plus the less complicated it is for me - the better 😂🥴

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah, it’s like a bottomless pit for volume - warmth and clarity in buckets.

just listening back to rehearsal from last night and while the sound in the room itself was odd, the playback is the best sound I’ve had in years.

Typically - a passive bass straight into a nice amp…no pedals or gadgets in between.

No criticism for people who do that - but with an FX heavy guitarist, this seems to work - plus the less complicated it is for me - the better 😂🥴

For sure. I couldn’t make mine break a sweat, and I did really try once. I bottled it before the cab!

Bet that EBS really suits it. Way too big and powerful for my needs now, and long gone, but this was a helluva set up:

1F7F8F52-6B46-4A83-941E-127727AE2CEC.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, M@23 said:

For sure. I couldn’t make mine break a sweat, and I did really try once. I bottled it before the cab!

Bet that EBS really suits it. Way too big and powerful for my needs now, and long gone, but this was a helluva set up:

1F7F8F52-6B46-4A83-941E-127727AE2CEC.jpeg

I keep looking at Vanderklay Spartan’s…thinking it’d be an expensive experiment 😂

The EBS has been a revelation for me, lovely thing - great when twinned with the Proline 410 - but my spine couldn’t manage it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

I keep looking at Vanderklay Spartan’s…thinking it’d be an expensive experiment 😂

The EBS has been a revelation for me, lovely thing - great when twinned with the Proline 410 - but my spine couldn’t manage it.

I did the same with the Aurora at the time 😂 

On 29/07/2021 at 07:11, Quilly said:

After a driver replacement on the Schroeder  I decided to try this mongrel pairing. Works really well and way louder than what you’d expect  from 30w. Not the prettiest set up , but if it works it works .

1B9E12B8-359C-49DA-8196-F6E0A0BA424B.jpeg

C307DD25-5FCF-4550-84CD-FE9A091B800B.jpeg

What driver did you put in the Schroeder?

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

What driver did you put in the Schroeder?

A cheap Thomann brand PA 300w driver (the “box” replacement), there’s another 15” driver positioned at right angles . Together they make 700w/4ohm. The replacement sounds good to my ears anyway 

• Thanks 1

Here's my current gigging rig for Roxy Magic - the Roxy Music tribute I've been playing in for a while. I love a PJ configuration, I do. The red one is a bitsa and the natural one is a heavily modified/butchered "Cowpoke." The combo and cab are from the short lived Genz Benz "Contour" range. They're ace.

RIG.thumb.jpg.100da4f391dd5ce9f8354fa14b964f6c.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Kirky said:

First gig since I replaced my TKS212 with two OneTens.  

Korg rack tuner, Samsamp RB1, GK Fusion 550, 2 X Barefaced 110s.

IMG-20210731-WA0005.jpeg

Ohhhh, an upside-down rig! You could be starting a whole new craze there... 🙂

4 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Ohhhh, an upside-down rig! You could be starting a whole new craze there... 🙂

First time I've tried it, and it worked really well.  I tend not to fiddle too much with my gear whilst playing - just switching the Sansamp off and on depending on the song, tuner on and off, and amp mute.  It probably won't be feasible in many places we play, unless i build some sort of stand, but that would just be another thing to carry.

Edited by Kirky
typo

13 hours ago, E sharp said:

What model Berg cab is that? I've got the HD212 . Is it one of those , or one of the neo ones?

2 hours ago, MarshallBTB said:

CN212, the lightweight one. 

I am thinking of swapping my two HD112 cabs for a lightweight Berg 212. I was holding out for a HDN212, but I missed out on a couple of CN212 cans at Bass Direct recently and I am beginning to regret it. I did have an AE212 before, which I really liked, even if I prefer the HDs (but not that much in it really). 

I don't suppose you can say how the CN212 compares to the HD or HDN (or even the AE) cabs??