Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

3 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

@bartelby - that rig has left me feeling confused, slightly violated, but overall warm and fuzzy. 

How do the smaller cabs compare tonewise? 

There’s more low end and things are a little more defined. Whether this is solely the cabs, or less air being moved means I can turn the amp up a touch more, or a combination of the two I’m not sure. But it’s enough of a difference to make me totally unsure of what cab(s) to get next.

Although these cabs are small they’re not lightweight. The 4x8” is getting on for 30kgs. And I’d prefer a single cab solution.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2020 at 10:54, bartelby said:

After doing some hard thinking over that last few weeks I decided to do a bit of downsizing. I’ve donated the Ashdown 8x10” and a Laney 4x10” to a local music venue. They will be used as in house backline, once gigs happen again, and also in their new recording studio they’re setting up in their basement.

So for now my rig is this (apologies in advance to those of a sensitive nature):

8E4DDF05-2DBC-4FF5-BA30-A497BD7EA315.thumb.jpeg.e62cc189cab188015fb139a9f57b7847.jpeg

it sounds bloody good. In fact I prefer it to the 8x10”. Next year I’ll be looking for something new, cab wise. Not decided on what yet...

When you do get a new cab next year, if you decided to sell those on I might be interested. I've been thinking about a Mini48 / Mini15 double stack. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

In my 10+ years on this forum, I’ve seen countless members remark that if only they were younger and had a better back, they’d be running X or Y rig.

I therefore feel it is my civic duty as a 28 year old with a functioning spine, to own such a rig. Sadly it’s consigned to a storage unit at the moment because COVID.

I present you a ‘97 USA made SVT-II Pro, complete with a battered USA made SVT-810E. 

3E759503-6A74-4541-B885-5AB678211821.thumb.jpeg.0f35780135ad4a93c918a6f5feb6fa39.jpeg

Yes, it truly is what dreams are made of.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Bankai said:

In my 10+ years on this forum, I’ve seen countless members remark that if only they were younger and had a better back, they’d be running X or Y rig.

I therefore feel it is my civic duty as a 28 year old with a functioning spine, to own such a rig. Sadly it’s consigned to a storage unit at the moment because COVID.

I present you a ‘97 USA made SVT-II Pro, complete with a battered USA made SVT-810E. 

3E759503-6A74-4541-B885-5AB678211821.thumb.jpeg.0f35780135ad4a93c918a6f5feb6fa39.jpeg

Ooooff.... Don't get better than that💪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bankai said:

Oh my Lord, what a fantastic rig. You are truly blessed,  enjoy young man while you are able to immerse yourself in such heritage. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really cannot understand it when people say that - with the Super Twin it's very, very loud (plenty for hearing-protection-in rehearsals with 2 x Marshall 100w/410 geeetards and a shed-building drummer) and with both cabs it's stacktastically deafening...I had the chance a while back to run it through a rehearsal room Ampeg fridge, and it was huuuge through that, too...

6 minutes ago, Muzz said:

I really cannot understand it when people say that - with the Super Twin it's very, very loud (plenty for hearing-protection-in rehearsals with 2 x Marshall 100w/410 geeetards and a shed-building drummer) and with both cabs it's stacktastically deafening...I had the chance a while back to run it through a rehearsal room Ampeg fridge, and it was huuuge through that, too...

It sounds like your geeetards need to speak to my geeetards - I have them nicely trained with lunchbox heads - usually at 7w which are plenty loud enough  and actually sound better as they're being driven hard instead of just ticking over at gig volumes :) 

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 13.35.12.png

Edited by DaytonaRik
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Sorry if it wasn't obvious from the post (there was a smiley!) but I was being flippant, those cabs would be more than sufficient for any head I'm sure.

Oh noooo, no need to apologise; I wasn't snipping - it's just head-scratchingly odd that something so loud sometimes gets described as not loud enough; I'd suspect it was my ears had I not been told to turn down by so many people...  😕😀

Edit: lack of smileys on my part... 😕

Edited by Muzz