Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

@Paddy515 - interested in your GK Neos. Just took my 410 out live for first time last night and had to stand too close  plus monitors were a bit low... bad sound night. Running mine with a GB Streamliner 900, P with bright (EB Cobalt) flats on and couldn't get the crunchy top - or maybe it was there out front but not close up off-axis.

Basically how do you get along with your Neos??

8 minutes ago, Soledad said:

@Paddy515 - interested in your GK Neos. Just took my 410 out live for first time last night and had to stand too close  plus monitors were a bit low... bad sound night. Running mine with a GB Streamliner 900, P with bright (EB Cobalt) flats on and couldn't get the crunchy top - or maybe it was there out front but not close up off-axis.

Basically how do you get along with your Neos??

I find they give a really cutting tone. I boost mids to get heard through the mix. Just trust what our wireless guitarist says re balance out front at soundcheck and leave it at that level all night. Maybe raise your 410 up as I do with my two 112s to be more at ear level. Rigs a belter with 300 valve watts running through it.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Paddy515 said:

I find they give a really cutting tone. I boost mids to get heard through the mix.

Did the same, a little mid-boost, backed off slightly on bass. To be fair it did cut through and sit nicely between kick and snare, but I wasn't getting the low top / crunch. It must be there, just passing through my legs!!
I'll get a better sound check next weekend - sure I can get what I want from this rig. May end up with my Jazz and rounds...

12 minutes ago, Merton said:

Remind me, @Passinwind, did you do a build thread or similar for your amp? V intrigued by it :)

Here's some back story: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/a-diy-1-2-rack-bass-preamp.1135423/#post-16982343

And the earlier 500 watt one, which uses the same preamp boards: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/a-diy-500-watt-bass-head.1061473/#post-15624273

There are quite a few sound clips floating around on Facebook from NAMM in 2017 and 2018, when two different versions were in a luthier friend's booth. But I'm no longer on FB, so I suppose I should post them on my website or somewhere. But since I'm not selling them, it seems easier to just be a slacker!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Mmm, I've just bought a Barefaced Two10 and the RM 500 is one of the heads on my list to go with it 😊 Do you have a front on shot?

Sure :) I should probably rotate the cabs 90 degrees to give a layout more like the Two10 I guess - will sort tomorrow and PM you!

8666D90B-458D-4A6B-B3C5-972680C83344.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merton said:

Sure :) I should probably rotate the cabs 90 degrees to give a layout more like the Two10 I guess - will sort tomorrow and PM you!

8666D90B-458D-4A6B-B3C5-972680C83344.jpeg

Thank you. Your picture did confuse me as from my measurements, the RM head should not be so flush with the edge of the speaker on the Two10. Now I know why it is on yours 😁

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:17, Stingray5 said:

May still be old school but my Trace rig just keeps delivering....

GP12 SMX combo (1x15) + 2108X cab (2x10+2x5) + GT-6B

At rest....

TErig7.thumb.jpg.48eead102b21c3373b57c03693ab8eab.jpg

At play....

_MG_0006d_CR2.thumb.jpg.51d3d8366c69cf7f00fbaeca22203a1a.jpg

stevegee_dag-roundhouse-20190330-cropb.jpg

I once had a similar rig Stingray 5, an AH200-12 head with a 1x15 and the same 2x10 cab with the two little 5" drivers instead of a tweeter, what a nice, under rated cab it is, I liked it much better than any tweeter I have heard.

• Like 1