Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

21 hours ago, bassmayhem said:

They are Vovox Sonorus; the best cable I've found out there so far. Vovox won't even call them cables: "Klangleiter" is the term used. :) 
They really do difference; they let EVERYTHING through. We had a cable shootout a few years ago, with a lot of different cables: everything from crap to expensive. "Is there any REALLY expensive cable here?" was a question asked. I offered my 20 ft Sonorus for a test. The test leader connected it and started to laugh in a very bullying way. "IT BUZZES!!!" All the crowd laughed, until I said: "It is your shitty P-bass that buzzes, but noone can hear it with all those lousy cables you use." Well, the guys with lousy cables chose to believe their cheap cables were better. None of my basses buzz through my cables. Never and ever. And - your fingers won't smell like old rubber... things when you have rolled them after a gig... ;) 

Thanks for the confirmation, I’ve had my eye them for a while. I think it’s time to take the plunge 😉

1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

I am a little sceptical of expensive cables - is there a scientific explanation as to how their metal conducts a signal better than other manufacturers?

I think that their cables contain more conductium than cheaper brands...

• Haha 2

Fairly recent shot. Two amps, one is simply spare. Never really needed it, but both amps, pedalboard and all cables fit in the silver flight case that it all stands on....so may as well lol.

IMG_8657.thumb.jpg.46b4ccf15732ec13fd8dc0a6d873187d.jpg

Obviously quite modular as well, so I'll sometimes go out with just the Midget, or just the Compact.

Si

I haven't had it very long, but really enjoying it. I have a "normal" Stingray 5HH, which I love, but this feels really special. It's very scooped sounding, I was considering a John East 3 band (which I have in my other stingray) to put in some mids, but the treble boost on this is lovely really sizzles. I'll leave it as is for now, but when I can only bring one bass the McIntyre Jazz is just a better all rounder.

I've been trying to clear space recently, selling and trading stuff I don't use, but for some reason I keep ending up with more.....

And I just got this maruszczyk bass in a trade now too.....

basses.jpg

Maruszczyk.jpg

On 02/09/2018 at 18:52, tonyf said:

Looks great. If you don't mind me asking, what's the switcher on your board? 

It's a loop-master, the most simple switcher you can imagine, making it just perfect in my eyes. Real nice company, they make it how you want, you can even choose the color of the LED's! https://www.loop-master.com/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kamiel said:

It's a loop-master, the most simple switcher you can imagine, making it just perfect in my eyes. Real nice company, they make it how you want, you can even choose the color of the LED's! https://www.loop-master.com/

Just had a look at their stuff. They look really great products and perfect in the fact that they will make you what you ask for. 

The only showstopper for me is the absence of midi switching as I need to be able to change patches on my Future Impact and the Line6 M9. 

1 hour ago, tonyf said:

Just had a look at their stuff. They look really great products and perfect in the fact that they will make you what you ask for. 

The only showstopper for me is the absence of midi switching as I need to be able to change patches on my Future Impact and the Line6 M9. 

Hey Tony, if you are interested in switching, looping and midi controllers, I absolutely recommend that you do not look at the Looper/Switcher section of http://www.loopersparadise.de/ - because you will end up spending lots of money. Seriously, don't let anybody mention it to you because you will end up spending money. You can thank me later for this warning.

giphy.gif

Edited by EBS_freak

here you go. Nothing too fancy. The band like a bit of grind so I either have the overdrive on the titan or if we're rehearsing or playing somewhere using provided backline I can flick on the first soul food.  The second soul food has a bit more treble and drive for really snarly stuff. Rarely use the envelope filter (maybe 3 or 4 songs for emphasis) but the chorus gets a good workout.  Missing from the board shot is the sansamp di I bought recently from Delberthot. Still trying to decide whereabouts in the chain to put it but there'll be some shuffling about. 

The Mesa footswitch is great, Allows me to switch between a dirty channel and a 'phat' one, o/d off or on and kick as much extra volume with the solo buttun as I think I can get away with. I could also have a second bass in hot standby but  I've never used it like that. 

edit. don't know why the photo has turned. it wasn't like that when I downloaded it. 

Graeme

board.jpg

Edited by jacko

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2018 at 12:04, EBS_freak said:

Hey Tony, if you are interested in switching, looping and midi controllers, I absolutely recommend that you do not look at the Looper/Switcher section of http://www.loopersparadise.de/ - because you will end up spending lots of money. Seriously, don't let anybody mention it to you because you will end up spending money. You can thank me later for this warning.

giphy.gif

True, I have made the mistake and it certainly cost me....