Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

On 7.3.2018 at 15:30, only4 said:

Nice setup, how do you find the 210 with the b-amp?

Thanks! I love it so far. Mostly I combine it with a HD112 to get the "322" stack. Sounds just amazing. But the HD210 alone pumps out a lot of bass which you wouldn't expect from such a small 2x10 cab.

On 7.3.2018 at 15:30, only4 said:

Nice setup, how do you find the 210 with the b-amp?

Thanks! I love it so far. Mostly I combine it with a HD112 to get the "322" stack. Sounds just amazing. But the HD210 alone pumps out a lot of bass which you wouldn't expect from such a small 2x10 cab.

3 hours ago, mar_to_the_t said:

Interesting you mention the HD112/HD210 combo, I’m still toying with getting the 210 but am not sure if it will be better than what I have already?

23 hours ago, only4 said:

Interesting you mention the HD112/HD210 combo, I’m still toying with getting the 210 but am not sure if it will be better than what I have already?

I haven't had a chance to play the 2x HD112 stack but the 112/210 combo will definitely sound very different. I like to combine 12" with 10" speakers, I have the impression the frequency spectrum gets some kind of "wider" and the mids get stronger. I like to play a stack of a HD112 and a Epifani 110 too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

Modular 4x10 - nice! Is that the 500 or 800 sitting atop?

I have the little 350 and 2x One10s but thinking of getting a head with more oomph.

It's a 500.  There have been lots of horror stories about these but this one seems to work fine although I've only done 2 rehearsals and one gig with it.  Time will tell.  Much prefer it to the LM2.

20 hours ago, obbm said:

It's a 500.  There have been lots of horror stories about these but this one seems to work fine although I've only done 2 rehearsals and one gig with it.  Time will tell.  Much prefer it to the LM2.

Must be one of the more reliable ones then :D. Only kidding!

6 hours ago, E sharp said:

Picture of tonight's gig (well technically last night's gig) .

Anyone mention heft? He he .

Rig.jpg

Love the look of that bass. What neck is on it?

I’m guessing the tape is to stop string/pole piece contact clicks noises? I did the same with a P bass til I got some completely enclosed covers.

Love that bass!

11 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Love the look of that bass. What neck is on it?

I’m guessing the tape is to stop string/pole piece contact clicks noises? I did the same with a P bass til I got some completely enclosed covers.

Love that bass!

Thanks mate .

The bass , I've had for around 27 yrs , and is a bit of a mix and match .

Guy I bought it off , had a fretted and fretless , but the fretted sold . This green one was fretless , and had to find someone to fret it .

I was told , that he took all the hardware off two stingrays , and sold the bodies and necks , then got Roger Giffin to make the bodies . Then paid £500 a pop for each Modulus Quantum graphite neck from the States , and then got Giffin to assemble them . I think it may be 35" . The back however is pretty beat up - finish wise .

It is unique , and even though I've gone into double figures with the collection over the years , it's the only bass (bar around 4 or 5 gigs) , that I've gigged . Done everything from function stuff to rock .

When you've got a keeper , I think you know .

The tape is for , as you had - stop the pops . Just did it at the gig , as I'd raised the pickup to act as a sort of ramp , so I could play a bit softer , and it'd make the 3 fingered gallop easier - worked a treat

Edited by E sharp
spelling

Here's mine:

L-R: Spector Coda 5 pro, Fender MIM jazz with badass 2 bridge, Bass Collection power bass. 

Amplification comes from Fender Rumble V3 500 combo and Ampeg pf-115LF extension cab (if the gig call for it) 

I'm currently looking at a head for the 15 as I quite like the sound of a 15 on its own with a jazz bass. 

IMG_20180422_165657_375.jpg

• 3 weeks later...