Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

My diminutive Barefaced One10 miniest stack with an Ampeg pf350 - love these things! And also my trusty JV that took me about 15 years in negotiations with the original owner (my mate’s dad) to purchase. I only want another bass out of greed - I should just stick to one.

74A7A8B4-65A9-4164-8DC6-B2F265863A03.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

You’ll have to tell us a little more about that cab!

Oh, nothing special. Just a sort of prototype I made, 15mm pine and/or spruce and 12mm birch plywood, two Eminence Kappa 15A 8 Ohm speakers, 220-230 liters net volume, triangle ports 14cmx14cm length somewhere around 100 mm, flared one end. Tuned somewhere near 50 Hz so it handles 220-250W nicely I think. I was about the get rid of it and make few 1x12" cabs with "premium" speakers but other members of our trio wants the cabinet back so I have to take it back. Have to finish it first, actually working on it at the moment. More or less "Kappa15A Larger Vented Cab, Full Range PA or Bass Guitar" cabinet design from Eminence. Two 1x15" cabs would be better, this cab is ok as long as I don't have to take it anywhere with me!

Had all my amps and cabs in the house this week and used the opportunity to take a family shot:

24893842267_da77d285ac_o.jpg

The basses and amps are quite self-explanatory.

A few word about the cabs:

- The Tweed cab to the left is a DIY 1x15" sporting a Jensen 50 Watt C15N.

- The cab behind the Dingwall is a Sieben Audio Design 15/8 with Fostex speakers.

- The Music Man cab is the version with EVM12L speakers - this cab sounds fantastic with the low wattage tube amps and Fender basses. Only downside is the weight to which the monstrous magnets of the EVM12L's contribute about 80% I guess...

Edited by Tweedledum
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...