Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' timestamp='1349804076' post='1830775']
I'm really jealous - this was the exact rig I was about to buy when my car got wrote off =[
[/quote]

Cheers, is a lovely rig but every year i get bitten by the ampeg GAS bug, this year ive decided to fianlly go for it, hence the ashdown rig is now all up for sale

I've been meaning to get a picture up for a while. Not great quality, but that's my setup! Got lots of little improvements I want to make, but the sound is pretty much spot on for what I want! You can't see it as it's sitting behind the DT-2, but I've got a Sansamp Bass driver hooked up to. It's bass sex in a box. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope nobody minds the double-post (as I already posted this pic in the Amps & Cabs bit :)) but I'm so excited over my [b]first[/b] rig. A TC Electronic BH250 paired with a super-light Genz Benz Focus LT112T. Oh, and of course my Ibanez Prestige 4005e.

Hartke LH500 -> Gallien Krueger 212MBE

My hunt for a new cab is complete and here it is in front of the old ones. When I first bought the 410xl I got told it was a 400w cab, which it isn't, but I only found that out after I upgraded to the LH500, it was distorting after gigs on it's on so I've had to gig with a full stack since then, no matter what the venue, which was a pleasant inconvenience :P The weight of the GK is roughly a quarter of the weight of the two old cabs combined, so this should make my life a lot easier.

[quote name='Thatguy59' timestamp='1351196465' post='1848669']
Hartke LH500 -> Gallien Krueger 212MBE

My hunt for a new cab is complete and here it is in front of the old ones. When I first bought the 410xl I got told it was a 400w cab, which it isn't, but I only found that out after I upgraded to the LH500, it was distorting after gigs on it's on so I've had to gig with a full stack since then, no matter what the venue, which was a pleasant inconvenience :P The weight of the GK is roughly a quarter of the weight of the two old cabs combined, so this should make my life a lot easier.
[/quote]

Great cabs. Is that the 4 or 8ohm? I got one of these with the intention of getting two, but its not needed! How is it with the hartke?

[quote name='MarshallBTB' timestamp='1351263459' post='1849453']
Great cabs. Is that the 4 or 8ohm? I got one of these with the intention of getting two, but its not needed! How is it with the hartke?
[/quote]

Cheers ;)

It's the 8 Ohm, the hartke has 8Ohm labelled under each socket, but the manual says it's okay to use a 4 ohm cab, but the manual has been wrong in the past and I thought 350w should be more than enough for my useage.

I've not managed to try it out loudly yet, but it's very very clear and rounded, but quite noisy with the tweeter on (even with the volume on the head right off). I'm not very good at describing tone :L But I would certainly say that I am happy with it

My rig consists of 2 Warwick heads and 1 4x10 cab and 1 1x15 cab. I go down the bi-amping route, no daisy chaining, just 1 head to one cab. Warwick heads are the Xtreme 10.1 (1000W) and the Tubepath 10.1 (again 1000W). Cabs are both Behringer but custom built with the guts and speakers replaced (as the cabs themselves are very well built) with Eminence speakers, 4 10 inch and 1 15 inch (with the horn switchable on/off in case of using the 15" cab on its own for smaller gigs). Both cabs are setup to 4ohms, so max power from the heads. I run the Mids and Trebs through the Xtreme 10.1 and 4x10 cab, and Bass through the Tubepath 10.1 and 1x15 cab and the sound produced is amazing with a throw to match and no issues with lag or interference. I have a 4 fan 1u unit in the middle of the rack to keep things cool. The rack weighs a ton :) Pics are from a recent recording studio session. I play a Fender USA Jazz Bass Deluxe 4 String through it. I have it stacked in gigs and love it when other bass players ask to use it, I often have to decline due to how much it cost to complete, hours to setup the right tone/gains etc and the fact "that you should bring your own amps if you are gigging!!"

Any thoughts? It works for me, being in a Melodic Rock band, great headroom especially if the monitors are crap, and best of all the heads go up to 12 (I know that doesn't really mean anything, just funny due to Spinal Tap's 11 joke!) I've never had to go past half way volume, surprisingly.
[attachment=122495:IMG_0451.JPG]

[attachment=122496:IMG_0454.JPG]

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1351251220' post='1849226']

My little trouser flapper..
[/quote]

I used to have the 7215 250w. They look great and are well built but I could never get a sound I wanted out of it.

[quote name='leevdb' timestamp='1351851623' post='1856107']
Cheers gsgbass, yea gets me annoyed, esp when you get some idiot, who just brings his bass and nothing else and has the expectant look on his face. FAIL!
[/quote]

I go back to your sound through your amps, not through the PA. We watched over, and guarded the gear like it was ours. You keep your gear as your gear sir. Bravo.