Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Fender Modern Player Jazz > Korg Pitchplack > Boss GEB-7 > Boss ODB-3 > Sansamp VT (not shown) > Sansamp BDDI (Not shown) > Ashdown ABM Evo II 500 > ABM 410 > ABM 115

I love this rig so much, I can get any tone I want from a punchy Ska/punk tone to a balls to the wall Rock tone to even a Justin Chancellor-esque tone which I absolutely love.

I have been playing guitar for 22 years and I always liked the bass. I finally decided to buy one and once I got the Jazz I wanted more. Both basses are stock, I bought them used in excellent condition. The Fender heads and Orange cab sound great for guitar, for bass I prefer the AER. The little amp brings out the unique character of every bass.

[b]2000 Fender American Series Jazz Bass
1985 Westone Thunder I-A Bass[/b]
[b]AER Amp One[/b]

Edited by Kostas

Here're my weapons of choice:

Trace Elliot AH1200
- Mesa 15" Diesel Wedge 400W/8Ohms,
- Mesa 15" Diesel 400W/8Ohms ,
- Glockenklang Quattro 4x10" 800W/4Ohms

+ Engl Squeeze guitar tube amp (for emulated rhythm guitar signal via Akai Unibass + Mesa VTwin)

Sounds tremendous with my Wals - drummers and guitarists beware ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rOB' timestamp='1348731045' post='1817346']

Oo, looks interesting. Would you mind explaining what it all is and does?
[/quote]

forget the mac and the apogee duet 2 that's part of my studio and was sitting on top of the amp. The ashdown I use in general the Mesa has a powerhouse 8x10 to run into but that doesn't come out as much but is epic.

[quote name='christopherbassmay' timestamp='1348736088' post='1817423']
forget the mac and the apogee duet 2 that's part of my studio and was sitting on top of the amp. The ashdown I use in general the Mesa has a powerhouse 8x10 to run into but that doesn't come out as much but is epic.
[/quote]

Ah I see, thanks,

Hi All

After 2 years of not playing or in band the itch has returned. Having sold nearly all my gear on here and ebay I have beed quietly re-building my gear and here it is.

[attachment=119455:Ashdown Jazz CAR.jpg]

The Ashdown rig I bought from fellow bass chatter and top bloke Ozzy138 (Dave). The Jazz arrived this morning from Bass Direct. Worth a few words of praise for Mark S at Bass Direct - he was really helpful and nice guy to do business with. The bass is fabulous...very happy.

Got a jam session coming up on Tuesday with the making of a new band - can't wait to turn this baby up! Happy Days :)

Now I've decided to go "old school" with a passive bass, no more batteries. This does mean I have my old bass to sell...
New post coming soon in the for sale section.

Edited by urban Bassman

[quote name='urban Bassman' timestamp='1348744146' post='1817579']
Hi All

After 2 years of not playing or in band the itch has returned. Having sold nearly all my gear on here and ebay I have beed quietly re-building my gear and here it is.

[attachment=119455:Ashdown Jazz CAR.jpg]

The Ashdown rig I bought from fellow bass chatter and top bloke Ozzy138 (Dave). The Jazz arrived this morning from Bass Direct. Worth a few words of praise for Mark S at Bass Direct - he was really helpful and nice guy to do business with. The bass is fabulous...very happy.

Got a jam session coming up on Tuesday with the making of a new band - can't wait to turn this baby up! Happy Days :)

Now I've decided to go "old school" with a passive bass, no more batteries. This does mean I have my old bass to sell...
New post coming soon in the for sale section.
[/quote]

Wow, very nice rig and bass! How would you describe the sound of the Ashdown compared to Ampeg or Trace Elliot?

z

[quote name='zbigniew' timestamp='1348746038' post='1817620']
Wow, very nice rig and bass! How would you describe the sound of the Ashdown compared to Ampeg or Trace Elliot?

z
[/quote]
Erm....

Never had an Ampeg rig so I couldn't say how it would compare with a comprable set up from Ampeg. I did have a Trace rig a few years ago and although that was a 2x10 combo with a 1x15 ext cab, I would say that the Trace was a bit brighter. Having said that there are so many eq options on the Ashdown as well as the Trace, including a crompressor, that you can pretty much dial up any sound you want. As I said I've not used my Ashdown in anger yet but just by using at home and rattling a few windows, I've got a sound that I like which will probably only require minimal tweeking for rehearsal/gig situations.

Not sure if that helped or not but I'm pleased you like it.

[quote name='spiritchaser' timestamp='1347094748' post='1796853']
Here're my weapons of choice:

Trace Elliot AH1200
- Mesa 15" Diesel Wedge 400W/8Ohms,
- Mesa 15" Diesel 400W/8Ohms ,
- Glockenklang Quattro 4x10" 800W/4Ohms

+ Engl Squeeze guitar tube amp (for emulated rhythm guitar signal via Akai Unibass + Mesa VTwin)

Sounds tremendous with my Wals - drummers and guitarists beware ;)
[/quote]

holy crap dude!!!!!

my new rig is some what smaller

I just got this Ashdown LB550 to go with my Barefaced cabs. Tonight I have tried out my Jazz and my Precision basses with this setup. The P bass has a really nice growl with the preamp gain right up.
I haven't gigged it yet but cant wait. :D

Loooong time since I have posted in here. This is the current pile in my garage. The H&K head and cab are for guitar so ignore them. Everything else is bass. Sadly the only things getting used these days are the Peavey Century SS and the Ashton BV300. The 8+10 is too big for my car so sits in the garage unused.

I also have this Peavey 2+15 at the practise space. Here it is with my trusty Westone Thunder.

I love bass.

Edited by Lowliver