Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='electric nate' timestamp='1341858983' post='1725296']
Here's an idea of some of the nice dirt I can get from my rig:

[url="https://www.box.com/s/3441db0fc45215020362"]https://www.box.com/...b0fc45215020362[/url] (raw recording straight from the U5)

[url="https://www.box.com/s/3725931be7b43d5b492f"]https://www.box.com/...31be7b43d5b492f[/url] (with some compression and limiting added after the recording)

I was going to record some clean fingerstyle and all sorts of other lovely things but I ran out of time so it's just metal for now \m/
[/quote]

Sounds really cool actually! I can see what you mean about it sounding a little 'fizzy', but that really works if done right! Have you tried cutting out the mids from the clean track and boosting them on the distorted one?

Here's one of my bass rigs :-)

Its a Hartke LH500 Head with two Hartke Hydrive 112 cabs.
Its a great rig its very powerful, and sounds awsome. Its also pretty light considering the punch it has. Very versatile two.

Hope you Like :-)
[attachment=113238:534524_462726903752611_2126068459_n.jpg]

[quote name='Duarte' timestamp='1342219318' post='1732110']

New rig. Terror Bass 500, Barefaced S12T. Lightweight and aggressive...perfect.

Can't fault it!
[/quote]

That looks so frigging cool!
Nice work! :yarr:

Edited by eude

In the rack is a Peavey Tour 700 and a Behringer PL2000, very surprised at the quality of it for how much it cost, although shamefully I'm not yet using it's power distribution features...it's just a pretty light at the moment. 1U spare, not sure what I want in there, but most likely either a rack wireless system if I can find a good one for the right price, or just a standard wireless system mounted on a shelf.

Until I can decide on what cab to upgrade to, my Ashdown MAG410 Deep is doing an alright job. The new head has helped a lot, so I'm not in a huge rush to upgrade it. Want to save the pennies for the right one.

[attachment=113327:IMG_3006.JPG]

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1342462973' post='1735624']
In the rack is a Peavey Tour 700 and a Behringer PL2000, very surprised at the quality of it for how much it cost, although shamefully I'm not yet using it's power distribution features...it's just a pretty light at the moment. 1U spare, not sure what I want in there, but most likely either a rack wireless system if I can find a good one for the right price, or just a standard wireless system mounted on a shelf.

Until I can decide on what cab to upgrade to, my Ashdown MAG410 Deep is doing an alright job. The new head has helped a lot, so I'm not in a huge rush to upgrade it. Want to save the pennies for the right one.

[attachment=113327:IMG_3006.JPG]
[/quote]
I wanted a Behringer PL2000 but the light sticks out too far and I wouldn't be able to get the front on my rack case. Which is a shame.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1342463378' post='1735636']
I wanted a Behringer PL2000 but the light sticks out too far and I wouldn't be able to get the front on my rack case. Which is a shame.
[/quote]

I was worried about that too, I couldn't find a definitive measurement to how far it stuck out before I ordered it but I took a chance and the rack bag cover fits over it without much hassle, so I got lucky. I suspect it'd be a no-go if I had a hard case though.

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1341239290' post='1715557']
And you valve amp fans out there should give the 550 Spyder a try. In my experience with hybrid amps, which consists of Ampeg SVTIII, Ashdown ABM 500 and Orange TB500, this is the closest you can get in terms of sound and feel to an all valve head. I also used a VT Bass with a properly good power amp for a long time and I prefer the Spyder to it. Great piece of kit.
[/quote]
I've been thinking this too - absolutely love my spyder combo. Been through no end of amps in the last few years, but this is really something special. The EQ makes it a one-trick pony, but it sounds and feels fantastic.

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' timestamp='1342466194' post='1735715']
I've been thinking this too - absolutely love my spyder combo. Been through no end of amps in the last few years, but this is really something special. The EQ makes it a one-trick pony, but it sounds and feels fantastic.
[/quote]

Have you tried tweaking with the the mid, bass and bright switches? They definitely add a lot in terms of different sounds. How do use these switches in your combo? I always keep mine up as I love the vintage sound that the Spyder produces like that, but I found that if you flick the switches down the amp sounds more modern. Curious to hear from other user how they use that feature...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1342517623' post='1736312'] Isn't a 550 Spyder also known as the Little Bastard? Someone has a James Dean fixation at Ashdown. [/quote]
Mark is a big sports car fan!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1342517623' post='1736312']
Isn't a 550 Spyder also known as the Little Bastard? Someone has a James Dean fixation at Ashdown.
[/quote]

No, that's the all valve 30 watter you're thinking of.

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1342535746' post='1736738']
my rig from our gig last Friday in Coventry :-

2x Barefaced Compact cabs
GB Shuttle 9.2 amp
Dingwall ABii 5 string
Warwick Corvette
Pedalboard with EH Microsynth, Sansamp 3 channel bass driver,TC Polytune

sounded rather epic.... :D :D
[/quote]

Nice! How tall is that?

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1342518670' post='1736340']
Have you tried tweaking with the the mid, bass and bright switches? They definitely add a lot in terms of different sounds. How do use these switches in your combo? I always keep mine up as I love the vintage sound that the Spyder produces like that, but I found that if you flick the switches down the amp sounds more modern. Curious to hear from other user how they use that feature...
[/quote]

I always keep them up - love the vintagey tone it gives!

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1342535746' post='1736738']
my rig from our gig last Friday in Coventry :-

2x Barefaced Compact cabs
GB Shuttle 9.2 amp
Dingwall ABii 5 string
Warwick Corvette
Pedalboard with EH Microsynth, Sansamp 3 channel bass driver,TC Polytune

sounded rather epic.... :D :D
[/quote]

wowsers trousers!

Rig from a varied 3-set wedding gig last Saturday - Boogie M-Pulse, Schroeder 1515L, ME-50B, Dingwall ABZ, Fenderbird, Michael Kelly acoustic bass. Very nice, covers everything from Johnny Cash to Gotye to Guns N Roses to Celo Green to Peter Gabriel.

[attachment=113954:DSC_0334.jpg]

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1343065639' post='1744684']

Ampeg PF500 and Barefaced Compact :D
[/quote]

We have the same rig :) Seeing as it's an absolute beast with just the one Barefaced Cab, I'm looking forward to adding a midget to it and really letting the PF-500 loose!