Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='ste_m3' post='170923' date='Apr 6 2008, 08:16 PM']Loving the trace merton! I might have to have a gander at these v-types, just to see what all the hype is about yaknow :huh:[/quote]
Cheers dude! Next Bassbash I'll bring some of that lot along if poss. And if you're ever down this way gimme a shout and you can come try 'em :)

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='170720' date='Apr 6 2008, 02:36 PM']Here is mine....

Eden Nemesis NC810 (8*10 combo), Rack containing a Korg DTR1000, James Lamenzo Hyperdrive and a Russian Big Muff. I have a Barge Concepts VB-jr (Variable Blend True Bypass Looper) on it's way. My Dean Z Tour is the Bass shown in the pictures.

Thanks,

Jim.[/quote]Now that's horny. 8x10"s = boom boom shake the room. Brilliant.

[quote name='d-basser' post='171430' date='Apr 7 2008, 02:01 PM']its an awesome rig though dude, that bass sound as metal as it looks?[/quote]

Cheers, I love the sound I get from it. I get told to turn down by our guitarist who uses a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with a 4*12 cab and a Marshall JCM2000 with a 4 * 12 cab. It can really cut through! I got the cab in an exchange with ste_3 from this very site.

The dean has a brilliant metal sound to it. Surprisingly (although it doesn't look it) you can play quite a few different variations of styles on it. The only one it's not too good at is slap, but that would look a bit weird too!! :)

I'm in the process of buying a Ltd Edition USA Dean ML Bass too.....

The new mini rig for when I need to travel light.

[attachment=7497:10_04_08_2044.jpg]

It's my new Eden WTX-260, which fits in the pocket of my bass's gig bag, and my new Acme B1.

Sounds pretty damn good. Weighs a grand total of 34 lbs.

Edited by The Funk

It puts out about 300W (260W in the US). I was planning to use it on acoustic gigs and multi-band club gigs where stage space and turn-around time is at a premium. For anything bigger I'd need to take the big rig (or at least half of it).

The cab only arrived today so I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet (want to break it in a little first too). I need to try it with our drummer on his mini kit and see how it fares. I reckon it should be fine if the guitarist uses a small combo.

As a rule of thumb with the Amce cabs, I think they sound about half as loud as you'd expect from the number of watts going in. So it should easily handle the kind of job a SWR Baby Blue or a GK MB150 could do - just with a fuller, more even and deeper sound.

Hey guys, im pretty new to this site and this was one of the first posts i saw lol pretty awesome it is too. So i thought i would add my bit :)

[attachment=7624:DSC00038__Large_.JPG]
The amp: EBS HD350, Proline cabs; 210 + 300
The bass: 2004 Musicman Stingray 3EQ

[attachment=7625:DSC00040__Large_.JPG]
The rest (lol):
BOSS TU-2
EH Double Muff
EH mini Q-TRON

I am also selling the head, both cabs and both EH pedals, so if anyones interested let me know :huh:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...